U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:55 PM

175 posts, read 494,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
Do you have any other builder recommendations. One of my criteris is that I want to be in the village of marvin or Weddington and I want at least 3/4 of an acre. I also loved Orleans builders & John Wieland. But these homes can get pricey on the .75 plus property sizes.
The problem I found with the Cureton development is the lot sizes (& staying in my price range). I loved the MI homes, they were amazing, but to put a 4k sq ft home on .17 lot size to me is crazy. I don't know about Standard Pacific as when I was down they did not even have an office.
The cureton reminded me of how homes arein Queens, Floral Park.
We have almost an acre w/ common ground all around us and our house was custom built by Conger Builders here in CLT! Come check us out.

I agree to stay clear of Toll Brothers..very poor construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM

221 posts, read 673,005 times
Toll Brothers is not poor construction. They have poor checks and balances. Their supplies are good quality (better than the other non custom builders) but it is the workers putting the product in. Also, due to the economy they are letting go so so many subs and workers.
I would watch out for that Providence Rd. They will be widening it so that will take forever and be so congested! Also with Weddington Chase they are building a hugh strip mall adjacent to alot of the homes that are up for re-sale there.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM

807 posts, read 2,041,748 times
from the wife,
Yes threesons stores will be built on that corner of Providence Rd and New Town Rd. I have heard that it will be high end and very very nice. But IMO I still wouldn't want it in my backyard. Weddington Chase is a nice size community and there are probably some resales in there that are "tucked" in the community and would not be so close to that area of Providence Rd. as long as you can deal w/ the construction on Providence w/ widening the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or