Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:06 PM

5 posts, read 14,289 times

Advertisements

I'm a CRNA moving to the Northern Charlotte area/Huntersville. Trying to avoid using a recruiter to find a job? Anyone have information on pros/cons of hospitals in the area? Anyone work in anesthesia? Thanks. awesometril
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:04 PM

928 posts, read 3,851,056 times
The hospital and nursing homes are plentiful, you should have no problems.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 PM

24 posts, read 82,993 times
just getting into oncology here. not sure how much i have to offer.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:44 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times
Default re CRNA jobs

Hi
I am a British RN waiting for a visa to come and work at North east medical centre in Concord-around 20-30 minutes North east of Huntersville. Unfortunately I may have to wait another 2 years because of the visa backlog.
The hospital has a very good reputation and lots af jobs available.

The hospital is now part of Carolinas healthcare,who seem to get better ratings as an employer than Presbyterian healthcare who are private.They have hospitals in Charlotte and elsewhere and are building a new facility in Kannopolis.

Either Concord or Kannaoplis will be na easier commute than into Charlotte form Huntersville

I was warned off Lake Norman regional medical center due to staffing levels.

I may get a warning here for advertising if I post the weblink,but if you put Carolinas heathcare into a search engine you will get it!

BYW do you have children?

Old 06-15-2008, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 14,289 times
Default hi

Hi, thanks for the reply, hope you get your visa worked out. I have started to call about jobs within 45 min of Huntersville. Thanks for the tips. Concord is on my list. I let you know if I find out anything. So far I have not been impressed with the pay packages. Coming from Southern Illinois/MO where average salary is higher, it is hard to accept such lesser amounts. We have a 10 year old. We are making a trip out there this August to check out the school districts. We have been told Moorseville has the best districts but that huntersville and Lake Norman are pretty good as well. Obviously, anything outside Charlotte would be better. good luck to you too. stay in contact if you find out anything good. Maybe we can be a help to each other.
take care, awesometrio

Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Your salary may be lower, but so will your housing costs - maybe 40-50% lower for comparable. So your lifestyle might not suffer as much as you might think. The houses I have been looking at are roughly $250K and you get a good house in a nice neighborhood. Where I come from, that might get you a 70 yr old fixer-upper!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-15-2008 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-15-2008, 02:02 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
As a consumer, I'd stay away from CMC- University. 2 visits there, and both were terrible!! CMC-Northeast in Concord os a very nice facility, and an easy drive from Mooresville or Huntersville. There are also severl free standing surgery centers in CLT. The one that comes to mind is CLT Surgery Center, on Randolph Rd. Good luck!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 25,517 times
i'd try Northeast. my daughter had several surgeries there. very professional staff.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Your salary may be lower, but so will your housing costs - maybe 40-50% lower for comparable. So your lifestyle might not suffer as much as you might think. The houses I have been looking at are roughly $250K and you get a good house in a nice neighborhood. Where I come from, that might get you a 70 yr old fixer-upper!
Are you saying that cost of living in Charlotte is 40-50% lower than Southern Illionois....I doubt it.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Are you saying that cost of living in Charlotte is 40-50% lower than rural Southern Illionois....I doubt it.

Actually, OP said they were from IL/MO, which is probably the St Louis area- so 40-50% may not be as unreasonable as you think. IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte