Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM

30 posts, read 147,643 times

Advertisements

Help! I would like to hear from everyone who has lived in the Cornelius or Mooresville area. Is it traffic gridlock? In particular, I would like to hear from anyone who has lived at the Marina Shores Waterfront Apts. or Carrington Park, they look beautiful, any problems?

Is there enough to do in that area without having to run into Charlotte and all the traffic, how is the public transportation if you didn't want to drive?

I was looking at Hermitage, TN on Percy Priest lake, but after seeing Lake Norman, wow, I like it better.

Look forward to your comments and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
You would hardly ever have to run into Charlotte for anything unless you needed to go to a mall (but there is one nearby in North Charlotte called NorthLake Mall) or to go Uptown to go to clubs.

Huntersville is very built up and has lots of conveniences.

Only place I would say stay clear of in Cornelius is Smith Circle...locals can tell you to stay away too. That is between I-77 & downtown Cornelius (off of exit #28).

GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Public transportation is limited it runs about on the half hour every hour til 7 in Cornelius and only goes up and back down Catawba Avenue. So you would want a place near Catawba Avenue if you plan on using public transportation.
There is express buses as well to go uptown Charlotte

It still a small town so dont expect things you will find in Charlotte in Cornelius.
Traffic to Cornelius can back up for about a hour least that is how long it took me to go from exit 23 to exit 28 the other day around 5:30 pm.
In the summer the road traffic can get crazy due to the girls flashing their boobs on their boats to the truckers on 77.

Catawba Avenue is under construction to be widen and traffic right now on that road can crawl at a snail pace.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
In the summer the road traffic can get crazy due to the girls flashing their boobs on their boats to the truckers on 77.

sooooo...what time does this usually take place??

Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
lol about the time it takes a hour to go a mile on 77 north or south.
At one point they was talking about putting up a wall to block the view of the lake but I rather they restrict how close the boaters from getting so close to 77 so it will not obstruct the gorgeous lake water views as you are heading towards or away from the lake area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte