Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You don't know the problems with this particular home. I like to remain optimistic too - but this one needs to be off the market for a while in my opinion.
After posting, I find others have posted and more info has been added, and I am not so sure my advice is that pertinent since I have a better picture of the current situation w/ neighbors.

I am thinking Loves has a good point here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 08:06 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
After posting, I find others have posted and more info has been added, and I am not so sure my advice is that pertinent since I have a better picture of the current situation w/ neighbors.

I am thinking Loves has a good point here.
Awww... thanks Ani But I thought your post was really good - and very accurate for many people trying to sell a home

Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Awww... thanks Ani But I thought your post was really good - and very accurate for many people trying to sell a home
I think I have some good ideas for marketing homes in a tough market, but LAMF needs solutions that I don't think are solely marketing based . . .

I am wondering . . . what about lease-to-own? Anyone have any feelings about that?

Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,531 times
Since it is difficult for buyers to get mortgages these days how about some owner financing.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
FHA goes up to $300K now....

Old 06-04-2008, 08:54 AM

330 posts, read 1,036,162 times
Been putting a lot of thought into this, thanks all for your suggestions!

Here is one more bit of info (don't think this is too private to post, but if I am wrong, someone let me know and I will take it down):

We currently owe $374k on this house and our mortgage is awful but cannot be refinanced for another 2 years without a huge penalty. The house is on the market for less than what we owe and about $10k less than we paid.

I have about $30k on hand that I can put towards selling the home. We could probably come up with another $10k without much effort. Would it be possible in a situation like this to sell the home flat out to an investor for around $340k, or would they need to buy it for substantially less than that in order to be interested in it?

I have no experience in this area at all, so don't even know if it is possible to sell straight to an investor and bypass third parties altogether. Anyone with experience in this area, please let me know what you think.

Thanks again guys!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 AM

569 posts, read 1,409,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
Been putting a lot of thought into this, thanks all for your suggestions!

Here is one more bit of info (don't think this is too private to post, but if I am wrong, someone let me know and I will take it down):

We currently owe $374k on this house and our mortgage is awful but cannot be refinanced for another 2 years without a huge penalty. The house is on the market for less than what we owe and about $10k less than we paid.

I have about $30k on hand that I can put towards selling the home. We could probably come up with another $10k without much effort. Would it be possible in a situation like this to sell the home flat out to an investor for around $340k, or would they need to buy it for substantially less than that in order to be interested in it?

I have no experience in this area at all, so don't even know if it is possible to sell straight to an investor and bypass third parties altogether. Anyone with experience in this area, please let me know what you think.

Thanks again guys!
LAMF,
I am not an investor, but I have had some expierence with a few. I doubt you will be able to get the price you want/need out of an investor. I had a few offers on our house in the past from investors and they were really low compared to what you could get selling to the general public. The old saying goes "you never know untill you ask". I suppose it does not hurt to look into this. What about sub-dividing your lot? Is that a possibility for you?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
you could always try the we buy ugly houses guys. They will give you about 65-70% of market value.....

Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
I vote for getting as much rent as you can and holding on to it for as long as you can. The market will come back and that area will appreciate (I think it will appreciate tremendously some day) As long as your neighbors are there nothing is going to sell around them. Are they renters or owners? Good Luck, Lord LAMF. I feel for you.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 AM

330 posts, read 1,036,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I vote for getting as much rent as you can and holding on to it for as long as you can. The market will come back and that area will appreciate (I think it will appreciate tremendously some day) As long as your neighbors are there nothing is going to sell around them. Are they renters or owners? Good Luck, Lord LAMF. I feel for you.
Here is the worst part - they own the house free and clear. They ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte