Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 PM

338 posts, read 896,680 times

Advertisements

With respect to each of these developments by Orleans, can anyone tell me what percentage of each development has been completed?

Moreover, what amenities, if any, does LFP have and how, if, at all, do they compare with those in Weiland communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 09:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
No they dont compare to Jw...Brookhavens ammentities are just gorgeous, Weddington Chase's is nice...but since Ive been to LFP many of times, and had spoken to someone who decided not to buy there I know them from another board, anyhow LFP isnt selling very well and not alot of homes in there....I also have a gal who I know that lives in Providence Forest, she said they are happy there...

Let me add the only Orleans locally that has amazing ammenities is Lawson..However Im sure your looking for more of a Brick community, which lawson has it all....Orleans also builds Bridle Path, which is in the same entrance as Wyndam Hall, however NO ammenities in that location...

Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the information.

LFP's homes look really nice, and it's relatively close-in. I wonder why they're not selling -- apart from the general slow-down in the market.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
they are nice homes but I personally love orleans and honestly the development is just ok...they have built much nicer communities...the couple I knew didnt like that all the homes looked the same there wasnt much curb appeal, and there really werent alot of homes built that were wow from the outside, they are from NY these people they wound up buying in another community and it wasnt Orleans...

Im assuming you still havent decided where you would like to live?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 PM

No. We're going to rent for a year and plan to buy next year. We still haven't been to Lake Norman yet, so everything we're focusing on at this point is in South Charlotte and Union Cty. We will visit Brookhaven on our next trip as well.

PS: This houses in LFP seems pretty nice for $689:

Last edited by Londonlawyer; 06-05-2008 at 08:33 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
they are nice homes but I personally love orleans and honestly the development is just ok...they have built much nicer communities...
Can you name some? Other than Bridle Path, LFP and Providence Forest, all of the Orleans developments seem to have lower-end houses (i.e., mid-300's) and nicer ones mixed together.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
No. We're going to rent for a year and plan to buy next year. We still haven't been to Lake Norman yet, so everything we're focusing on at this point is in South Charlotte and Union Cty. We will visit Brookhaven on our next trip as well.

PS: This houses in LFP seems pretty nice for $689:

Good idea to rent. Wish we could of done that but we had to get our kids stabilized.

For 689K, I think you can do better. Of course I'm sure they would take less.

Don't ignore the resales, they're are so many young homes on the market that are already landscaped and have blinds etc. Plus no hassles of dealing with builders or having your community under construction for a few years.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the info.

I'd like a new house. I am coming from NY, and a new house like that would cost $3m+. That's one of the things in Clt. to which I look forward.

Orleans and Weiland seem to be the nicest builders I've seen. Also, many people speak highly of Marvin Creek, but it has no trees and almost all of the houses are brown brick -- which I hate.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:30 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,561 times
Default Maybe its "The Woods"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
Thanks for the information.

LFP's homes look really nice, and it's relatively close-in. I wonder why they're not selling -- apart from the general slow-down in the market.
Might have something to do with the very controversial Woods development going in right across the street from Lake Forest. The developer wants to put a sewage treatment plant for the neighborhood, right on the road, about 50 yards down from the entrance. Couldn't help sales in the neighborhood.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,354 times
You must look at Providence Down South and Kingsmead. If you have a year to look, one may come up that a builder has to dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: