U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM

62 posts, read 99,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I concur with you both . I have nothing against baseball but why not bring a sport that seems to be popular now like Soccer or Lacrosse.
Something that would have huge fan attendance caters to most of the world and alot of energy.
I agree. Would rather see a new MLS team in Charlotte than moving someone else's baseball team. That way you don't fight with everyone's allegiance to another team. MLS is a young, growing sports league that would fit Charlotte. There are thousands of soccer fans in the area that would support it and would be better than minor league baseball any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 09:31 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,171,145 times
I believe that we can all agree that Charlotte could use more museums, performing arts, professional baseball, more comprehensive transit, and well planned land use in central city. Cities are born with all of these ammenities. They grow into them. If one hasn't been to town lately, look at the cranes. There are at least three major museums under construction, a major performing arts center in the Wichovia building, and new government centers. Charlotte is becoming more and more international every day. There are more international flights being planned for the city. Things are coming that will improve the city. It takes time, money, and red tape, but things are growing. It seems funny to me that the people that I meet that complain least and seem to appreciate the city more are those from NYC, Boston or other huge metro areas. Yea, they complain about their pizzas, etc., but they are glad to be here mostly and know that what they don't have now, they will eventually. Many feel pride in being part of a city that is growing instead of being part of a city that is already there. I personally would like to see the restaurant scene continue to improve. I would also like to see it become walkable/safe walking between Kings Road, Midtown, Southend, NoDa, Elizabeth, Dilworth, and Midwood. When it is possible to walk from any of these areas to the other, we have achieved something to be proud of. This will also be accomplished in the "not to far" future. And, it would be great if the Music venue across the tracks become successful.

Last edited by vindaloo; 11-20-2008 at 09:39 AM..

Old 11-22-2008, 12:44 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,962,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
I believe that we can all agree that Charlotte could use more museums, performing arts, professional baseball, more comprehensive transit, and well planned land use in central city. Cities are born with all of these ammenities. They grow into them. If one hasn't been to town lately, look at the cranes. There are at least three major museums under construction, a major performing arts center in the Wichovia building, and new government centers. Charlotte is becoming more and more international every day. There are more international flights being planned for the city. Things are coming that will improve the city. It takes time, money, and red tape, but things are growing. It seems funny to me that the people that I meet that complain least and seem to appreciate the city more are those from NYC, Boston or other huge metro areas. Yea, they complain about their pizzas, etc., but they are glad to be here mostly and know that what they don't have now, they will eventually. Many feel pride in being part of a city that is growing instead of being part of a city that is already there. I personally would like to see the restaurant scene continue to improve. I would also like to see it become walkable/safe walking between Kings Road, Midtown, Southend, NoDa, Elizabeth, Dilworth, and Midwood. When it is possible to walk from any of these areas to the other, we have achieved something to be proud of. This will also be accomplished in the "not to far" future. And, it would be great if the Music venue across the tracks become successful.
I agree with you. Let's hope our wonderful city council does too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte