U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:01 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,665,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Everything I need is within a 2-3 minute drive or at most a 35-40 minute walk each way.

Its nice now that there's a Best Buy and Target that's close.
Thats a bit of a hike. In Providence, I could walk 10 minutes to get nearly everything. Which I consider close in size to Charlotte. Chicago, NY, Phil, Boston, all have similar, but they are larger and more advanced.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 AM

677 posts, read 2,013,066 times
Maybe I'm just accustomed to walking

Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 AM

359 posts, read 1,014,066 times
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerGirl View Post
I must have missed the part where I said it was perverted? I personally just think it's a little creepy. Can't help it, I just do - that doesn't mean I think everyone that enters the establishment is a pervert. I would stereotype them as the kind of guy that looks down the receptionist's shirt. I don't condemn them for that, I just would think differently about them.

Brad from Finance wouldn't be just Brad anymore. He'd be Brad "probably is checking me out as I walk past" Finance Guy.

I still disagree with the point about it being just a place you can eat for 10 bucks and yada yada..there are plenty of places like that uptown in general. Hooters is hooters because it offers scantily clad chicks - and advertises itself that way. I questioned in an earlier post about how people - men in particular- would react to this if instead of Hooters, we were talking about a place that has scantily clad men on offer. They might tolerate it, might even find it funny. But I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't classify it as some normal family restaurant where you can get cheap wings. I'd also be willing to bet they wouldn't grab lunch there just b/c it's cheap or whatever.

I hate to break it to ya, but if you are a even semi-goodlooking woman you could be wearing a garbage bag to the office and 'Brad' would still be checking you out. it's what guys do...and honestly vice versa with women checking men out..call it animal instinct..lol..doesn't mean that they will jump on you though...and doesn't mean that they don't enjoy the food at Hooters, which is cheaper then most places in uptown. Besides, with the gas prices now a days, who doesn't want to save some money on lunch..
just my two cents

Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 AM

187 posts, read 495,895 times
I relocated over here from central (I still refuse to call it "middle", no matter what the natives do) Tennessee, and there were several Hooters in the area. There was even one within a reasonable drive of my university.

It was, however, difficult to drive or walk to them, due to the locusts, plagues and other worldwide maladies they caused.

In all seriousness, it's just a restaurant. People go there for cheap beer and allegedly world-renowned wings. I've never had a worse cheeseburger than the one I had at Hooters when a friend of mine took me there, but that's not why 99% of people go.

There are a lot worse things in our everyday life by which we should be offended than a few girls in short shorts serving us food...most of which we can see on the news on a nightly basis.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 AM

280 posts, read 858,058 times
Take a look on the streets in downtown Charlotte on any day... there are plenty of beautiful women strutting around in skimpy clothing.... For those of you that are bothered by this, at least the Hooters girls are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside of work.

Last edited by VaTechKA; 06-12-2008 at 09:06 AM..

Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,428,558 times
The buffalo shrimp are great at Hooters, the rest of the food is marginal.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,636,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
The buffalo shrimp are great at Hooters, the rest of the food is marginal.
Not a fan of the naked wings, but the breaded ones are pretty good...

Also, if I'm not watching what I eat, I'll get the cheeze sauce w/the curly fries...

On a healthier note, I have to admit, Hooters has one of the best Ceasar Salad's w/Chicken that I've found anywhere. They pile on the chicken and give you a huge plate....its VERY good...

Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 AM

307 posts, read 627,421 times
I have never eaten at Hooters but all this talk about food is making me hungry...

I guess I just don't care, while I could understand not wanting it in your neighborhood I think if you choose to live in the center of a city-any city than you have to just deal. I don't see anything wrong with it.

As for banker chic I am not sure what she is so worried about with her male coworkers, it is just a restaurant not a strip club.

My mother is a semi retired teacher and she still goes out occassionally with her younger co worker teachers to hooters for wings and beers. I don't think she was creeped out.

Also coming from a profession that is mainly men I have gotten use to a lot of boy behavior over the years and just don't let it affect me or how we work together. I think banker chic is worrying about this too much.

I just looked up hooters and there is one in S CLT and Mooresville.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 AM

280 posts, read 858,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
As for banker chic I am not sure what she is so worried about with her male coworkers, it is just a restaurant not a strip club.
Exactly. I would be against a trashy dirty strip club locating in the heart of uptown, but a restaurant/bar is no big deal.

If they decide to tear down a historic home in Fourth Ward or a Church to build the Hooters then give me a call, but so long as it's locating in the midst of other bars/restaurants, I have no problem with it.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 AM

85 posts, read 173,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
I don't really see a problem with Hooters locating uptown. Hooters isn't a strip club, it's a restaurant. I would 100% oppose some trashy strip club locating in the heart of uptown, but Hooters is just a fun place to eat and drink. The people that go to hooters are not degenerates, they are normal people.

As far as coyote ugly goes, that is also a normal good place. We are lucky to be one of the few cities with a true Coyote Ugly saloon, why would we shun that? In order to be come a true major city, we cannot shun things like this.

If you really want to shun something, start doing something about the abundance of trashy strip clubs near South End and continuing throughout the South Blvd area.
i couldnt agree more. i think its funny that people dont have a problem with them putting in a bar next to where they live uptown but the scantily clad women really push them over the edge. get over it. if you dont like it, dont live in uptown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte