U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,030,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
If they were gonna go Uptown...put it down by the Nascar Hall of Fame...
Sounds like a good match.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,706,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
Yes, I realize that there are no strip clubs in Uptown. I was referring to the strip clubs off of South Blvd and surrounding areas.

At least Uptown Cabaret and Mens Club are somewhat clean and upscale. Take a gander at the surroundings as you drive down South Blvd from Uptown to 485. You will see some interesting establishments.
You are correct!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Sounds like a good match.
And I ws not suggesting anything by saying that...I am just suggesting they put it down there in 2nd Ward where it is not developed yet...thats all. Nothing more nothing less.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:19 AM

371 posts, read 985,617 times
If it is taking over the location of the Graduate....I would consider it an upgrade. I I personally don't see the big deal. One bar for another. I've lived in 2 towns (one large, one small) that had all sorts of establishments side by side.....I saw it as a good thing. You never knew what you were going to get from one night to the next.....and the business owners/community worked together to set reasonable guidelines and create events in the neighborhood.

Anyone that has been uptown for any length of time on a late Saturday night will tell you that the noice level just from the "revelers" is loud.....can't even here what's going on inside a non-dj playing restaurant.

I'm all for everyone having their own opinion, but we are living up to our "nose in the air" reputation. And no, I wouldn't care if they moved across the street from me no matter where I live, but if you live uptown, you have to know that the city is going to keep growing....with the good comes the compromise.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM

18 posts, read 19,618 times
So how exactly is Hooters is worse than Cans or Alley Cat? It must just be the national reputation, because IMO, the serves at Cans/Alley Cat are often times even more provacatively dressed than those at Hooters and I don't see anyone picketing outside those establishments.

For the record, I'm an uptown condo-owner and all for Hooters uptown...great wings and burgers. Uptown needs some diversity.

This is the land of the free...if you don't like Hooters...don't go.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,302,398 times
[quote=the 7 oh 4;4064349]You live in SouthPark...a very nice section of town. Would you want one a block from your house?

I am very down to earth personally. I know Hooter's is in most cities...but they are not right in the City Center of the cities.

We kept Coyote Ugly's away..we can only PRAY that we can keep this out of 4th Ward too.

Why can't they relocate near the Nascar Hall of Fame...there is nothing down that way is all I am saying.

It's truely a shame to voice your opinion on this site and if it doesn't fit the majority...you will get blasted for it...truely a shame.

And I have eaten at a Hooter's more than once...just don't want one down the street from my house.[/quote

I can fell for you, and your passion about a Hooters in center city. Part of your argument though is that Hooters is not in center city. I hate to break it to you, but San Antonio has a huge Hooters (no pun intended) right near the start of their world famous Riverwalk. This has in NO way detracted from the river's beauty, or the old south feel of the area.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,030,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but San Antonio has a huge Hooters (no pun intended) right near the start of their world famous Riverwalk. This has in NO way detracted from the river's beauty, or the old south feel of the area.
No doubt!
Nothing more Southern than beer and chicken!

Honestly, one sees much more provocative attire at the pool or beach than in a Hooters.
But frankly I would not want one at SouthPark or the Arboretum either, but would not lobby for or against such a placement.

Last edited by mullman; 06-11-2008 at 08:50 AM..

Old 06-11-2008, 08:31 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,987,180 times
Maybe the better question would be: what would best fit into that location, if not Hooter's? Cause as long as it is open . . . it is available for anyone who wants to move there. So why not solicit the type establishment that is really wanted and uptown residents feel would better fit the neighborhood?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 AM

777 posts, read 2,271,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
You live in SouthPark...a very nice section of town. Would you want one a block from your house?

I am very down to earth personally. I know Hooter's is in most cities...but they are not right in the City Center of the cities.

We kept Coyote Ugly's away..we can only PRAY that we can keep this out of 4th Ward too.

Why can't they relocate near the Nascar Hall of Fame...there is nothing down that way is all I am saying.

It's truely a shame to voice your opinion on this site and if it doesn't fit the majority...you will get blasted for it...truely a shame.

And I have eaten at a Hooter's more than once...just don't want one down the street from my house.
Would I care if a Hooters opened a block from my house? No. As long as it is going into a location zoned for it, all is good in my book.

This is a message board. If you post your thoughts, people will respond (isn't that the point). If you are looking for everyone to agree with you on your view, you are in the wrong place. Message boards are about sharing thoughts. Whether people agree with them is up to them.

Oh yeah, NYC has one a block off broadway and central park and they have managed. Along with downtown Memphis, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, Toronto, Portland...should I continue?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
maybe The Better Question Would Be: What Would Best Fit Into That Location, If Not Hooter's? Cause As Long As It Is Open . . . It Is Available For Anyone Who Wants To Move There. So Why Not Solicit The Type Establishment That Is Really Wanted And Uptown Residents Feel Would Better Fit The Neighborhood?
Amen!!!

A good fit for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte