U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2008, 11:16 PM

374 posts, read 1,253,697 times

Advertisements

Been watching the radar all night expecting the rain to come. Looks like it went everywhere except Huntersville area. What the heck? Did you all in S. Charlotte, Matthews, etc get a ton of rain? We had about 50 drops.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM

22,003 posts, read 39,523,741 times
LOL trishlee I been wondering the same thing. Great light show though.
You will notice alot on the news this summer it always seem that Union County seems to be a good spot for getting in a storm or least it seems that way for me when I catch weather reports.

Late last week my mom was telling me about a tornado and storm going through Fancy Gap (only about 3 hours or so North of here on 77) and I was like it has been Sunny here.

Same thing with my Pookie called from their work saying there looks like a big storm heading to your area are you getting rain. I told them nothing but drizzle.
Indigo (the dog) is mad she didnt get her walk down Torrence Creek Greenway.
So like I will have to water the flowers in the morning.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM

262 posts, read 557,850 times
I was at Mt. Holly-H'ville Rd this evening and it rained there for a very short time. Lots of wind and lightning though, but not as much as there was here at home (Madison Park) as I was leaving to go towards West Charlotte.
That is so wierd that it missed Huntersille!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:59 PM

374 posts, read 1,253,697 times
we got wind and dark clouds. Then it rained about 50 drops...not even enough to wet the sidewalk. And now if you look on the radar map it looks like the system has stalled out south of Charlotte. Weird. I want rain too! Gosh I never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth. Lived with clouds and rain for years in NW Ohio. But now I would love an all day rain.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:17 AM

19,115 posts, read 13,815,169 times
Guess we aren't alone then. We live in Stanly County right next to Albemarle. The radar showed reds and yellows over us but we only got thoe same 50 drops you got! I kept thinking that it has to get here, it's on the radar. Dark clouds, winds and lots of thunder and lightening but the rain just never came! Now it doesn't look like we are suppose to get much if any rain for days again. How sad. We REALLY NEED some rain here.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:54 AM

4,508 posts, read 5,404,024 times
We are in UC and that storm system floated over the whole area....except a tiny little dot just where we live. LOL...We got enough to wet the sidewalks while red and yellow gave all the neighbors a drenching (neighbors meaning the rest of the county, just not right here). It's all OK though, we got a downpour (even hail!!) the night before where most everyone else didn't.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,248,376 times
We did get a small burst of heavy rain in South Charlotte... what we got a lot of were thunderstorms. Enough to freak out Tonka (the beagle) - and he usually sleeps through storms.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 AM

174 posts, read 501,458 times
Great Light show but very little rain in Rock Hill, Lake Wylie area. We had about a 1/4" when it was all said and done. I kept looking at the radar wondering where the rain was??

Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 AM

5,679 posts, read 10,371,968 times
We live in an apartment just west of 77 off of Gilead and we got a fairly quick rain. Not a hard rain, but it was rain with some big drops. I think we just caught the edge of a storm. But, the sidewalks and streets got wet. After that, NOTHING and we really need the rain! We went out on our patio and it was lightning pretty good to the north of us which would be Mooresville area.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,219,138 times
S.Charlotte got lots of lights and noise during our end of the school year pool party so that the little monsters had to play inside my just cleaned home. Even the wet ones who didn't bring a change of clothes.
Thanks for letting me get that out!!!!
Anyway, we got a short downpoor just as the party ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte