U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
 
13 posts, read 56,334 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I have been searching the forum about certain places from Rent.com and have limited it to:
Salem Village
1323 Corton Dr 
Charlotte, NC 28203 �-373-0880

Beacon Hill Apartment Homes
1322 Beacon Ridge Road Charlotte, NC 2821
(704) 552-6656

The Landing on Farmhurst
711 FARMHURST DR CHARLOTTE, NC 28217
(866) 739-3170 ext. 5450

Aspen Peak
8625 Winter Oaks Lane Charlotte, NC 28210
(866) 826-6257 ext. 7526

Elmhurst Apartments
215 Poindexter Drive. Charlotte, NC 28209
(866) 827-5756 ext. 2686

I read to scratch out Elmhurst and Beacon Hill due to safety. I would prefer to stay in the southpark area or somewhere close for safety as most people are concerned with. My budget would be $600, maybe $700 if need be since times are tough. I currently do not have a job but will be transferring to the airport until i find a steady career. These apartment complexes are within reason(sortive since i pay $400 with a roommate now) but want to hear opinions on these or any other southpark residences that would be recommended! I am visiting this weekend to hopefully find a place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,242,578 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony33461 View Post
I have been searching the forum about certain places from Rent.com and have limited it to:
Salem Village
1323 Corton Dr 
Charlotte, NC 28203 ?-373-0880

Beacon Hill Apartment Homes
1322 Beacon Ridge Road Charlotte, NC 2821
(704) 552-6656

The Landing on Farmhurst
711 FARMHURST DR CHARLOTTE, NC 28217
(866) 739-3170 ext. 5450

Aspen Peak
8625 Winter Oaks Lane Charlotte, NC 28210
(866) 826-6257 ext. 7526

Elmhurst Apartments
215 Poindexter Drive. Charlotte, NC 28209
(866) 827-5756 ext. 2686

I read to scratch out Elmhurst and Beacon Hill due to safety. I would prefer to stay in the southpark area or somewhere close for safety as most people are concerned with. My budget would be $600, maybe $700 if need be since times are tough. I currently do not have a job but will be transferring to the airport until i find a steady career. These apartment complexes are within reason(sortive since i pay $400 with a roommate now) but want to hear opinions on these or any other southpark residences that would be recommended! I am visiting this weekend to hopefully find a place
I would scratch them all off my list if it were me. ESPECIALLY, the Landing on Farmhurst -you do not want to live on or near Nations Ford Rd. There are better places to choose from, though staying close to $600 makes it tough to find a place in a good area. I would check out some places in Pineville, especially near hwy 51 (Pineville/Matthews Rd) when you get here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
 
13 posts, read 56,334 times
Reputation: 10
Well i have heard a few good things about salem village but like to hear from people where to rent and what not. I guess im not understanding how one place can be nice and the place next door is not preferred. I will figure this out when I get there tommorrow I guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 PM
 
1,253 posts, read 4,157,512 times
Reputation: 622
Basically anything on or west of South Blvd. is iffy. Try some of the places off of park rd. towards Pineville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
 
13 posts, read 56,334 times
Reputation: 10
well the problem is I only have websites to go off of. If there are places that are good but arent listed, I wont know until I go there unless I have names of apartments. So pretty much im asking off the top of your head any places? or are most of the places in that area good to live at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
 
76 posts, read 263,081 times
Reputation: 30
Salem Village is the only one I would halfway consider. I haven't been down in that area in awhile, but it used to be decent.

Have you checked out Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,242,578 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony33461 View Post
well the problem is I only have websites to go off of. If there are places that are good but arent listed, I wont know until I go there unless I have names of apartments. So pretty much im asking off the top of your head any places? or are most of the places in that area good to live at?
Sorry, can't think of exact names right now, but here is what I recommend... when you get here locate hwy 51 in Pineville where it intersects with Park Rd. It you search in that area there are quite a few complexes you can explore, especially on Park Rd before it reaches hwy 51. Take a turn onto Little Ave (has a public library right on the corner of Little and Park Rd) and you will fnd two very nice complexes to check out also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 02:12 PM
 
13 posts, read 56,334 times
Reputation: 10
I have checked out apartment ratings but it seems to be more of a rant more than a rave website. Loves mountains I will certainly check that out and see what is affordable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,242,578 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony33461 View Post
I have checked out apartment ratings but it seems to be more of a rant more than a rave website. Loves mountains I will certainly check that out and see what is affordable
I feel pretty sure you can find something along Park Rd, like I said. Look between Sharon Rd West and hwy 51 (only about a 2 mile stretch). Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top