Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:59 PM

76 posts, read 147,062 times

Advertisements

The real low down is that you can say anything about anyone as long as you say bless your heart after it your ok. For instance you can say my neighbor is going through some tough times and cheating on her husband bless her heart Note the dig and then the cover with bless her heart. It's a way to say something about someone and at the same time time cya because you said bless at the end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,376,462 times
Wow you can tell some of your not from around here.
OMG some of the posts absolutely butchered the saying.
Doesnt even flow. For one since native population is small
if you did here it , it was probably someone not from here
It all about timing and a lot of posts if you use it
you should automatically be call fake

Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,354,589 times
We use the same saying in my home country but it is in local dialect (broken english). It means the same thing and used the same way.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,547,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof2many View Post
The real low down is that you can say anything about anyone as long as you say bless your heart after it your ok. For instance you can say my neighbor is going through some tough times and cheating on her husband bless her heart Note the dig and then the cover with bless her heart. It's a way to say something about someone and at the same time time cya because you said bless at the end
Well, bless your heart!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,012,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof2many View Post
The real low down is that you can say anything about anyone as long as you say bless your heart after it your ok.
So, like how a Northerner says "I don't mean nothin' by it," and "I'm just sayin'."

Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
So, like how a Northerner says "I don't mean nothin' by it," and "I'm just sayin'."
Or how a Pittsburgher says "Go Stillers". It is all in the context and tone of voice.

"Hey, Bobbie, I heard you got a big promotion at work. Go Stillers!" (happy, upbeat voice)

"Hey, Bobbie, I was sorry to hear about your mum. Go Stillers, Go Stillers." (sad, low voice)

Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,993,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
For us it was "not for nuthin'"

"Hey Tony... not for nuthin', but you haven't bought a round in 3 hours. Those alligator arms preventing you from reaching your wallet?"

may be loosely equivalent to...

"Tallulah... Bless your heart, but we've been sitting in this heat fanning ourselves for hours. Are you fixin' to set out some more sweet tea?"

Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post

"Hey Tony... not for nuthin', but you haven't bought a round in 3 hours. Those alligator arms preventing you from reaching your wallet?"

"Tallulah... Bless your heart, but we've been sitting in this heat fanning ourselves for hours. Are you fixin' to set out some more sweet tea?"

Tried to rep you for this. Excellent AND funny.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM

5,978 posts, read 19,865,269 times
Quote:

Love the bolded...or it could be Billy Lynn for all I care!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:

My coworker is from Long Island is always says "not for nothin'". I have asked him several times just what the hell that is supposed to mean. Drives me up a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte