Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM

359 posts, read 1,139,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You could all go to Hooters
Now that is funny!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 PM

8,873 posts, read 13,833,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
Hey, luisiovany...we go to The Cove Church too. We like it a lot too but we really haven't met anyone there. We just go to worsip. Been there about 2 months now. Have you met people there?
I'd like to hear more about meeting people at The Cove Church. We've been thinking about giving that church a try, but feel a little awkard about going there the first time.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM

250 posts, read 525,366 times
Once again, I said FOR ME it would be easy.

You took "not as much to leave behind" and made it "have lost more" and I don't know that one means the other.

As far as kids, until they are 18, they do what I say. Then they can do what they want. And if the family moves, they come with us.

You are taking what I made clear was just MY opinion and what a move would be FOR ME and saying that I am trying to make up the rules for the world. The original question was "How long does it take for homesickness to wear off?" And I again say "FOR ME", there would not be any. You are close to your family where I am not. You have many friends where I do not. My mindset is not the mindset of others. And I believe I made it abundantly clear that this is just my opinion and my situation.

As far as your brother, I was responding to a blanket statement that he did not visit for 20 years. That prompted an obvious question as to why if you are close, and you took offense to that.

I am the poster child for introversion. I was this way BEFORE the post traumatic stress disorder (Vietnam) exacerbated it. Thus (again - FOR ME) there would be no homesickness because I have nobody to miss.

And for the sake of everybody else reading this thread, I will not comment further because by now it should be clear that I can only speak for me and this is just one opinion. I do not expect anybody else to share my viewpoint completely. It's just my opinion.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,762,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Maybe we can see who all we can get together for a lunch up your way! Huntersville has some neat restaurants. Wonder who else is up that way? We have posted b/f asking about interest in a GNO for some place North, but I think we only had two or three say they could make it. But I love H'ville myself. Like you, I think we all have gotten where we hate to drive too far. I don't mind the traffic that much but I hate the gas $$$!!!!
I will be in temporary housing in Huntersville July 6th - middle of August. Let me know when you plan on getting together and I will try to be there.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,434,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
...My wife and I have been going to the Cove Church and I like it alot.
We've been trying Mecklenburg Community Church in the University City area. It seems ok so far...still too early to say. Definitely no shortage of people to get to know!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:29 AM

452 posts, read 1,340,069 times
Steve we drive about 25 minutes to the cove church. We like it alot very nice and organized. Mooresville, NC Churches > The Cove Church

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 AM

Growing up in Miami i had to go to hispanic catholic churches....omg....I tried to make myself sick a day before so my mom wouldnt go......But it only worked about 10% of the time.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,046,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Growing up in Miami i had to go to hispanic catholic churches....omg....I tried to make myself sick a day before so my mom wouldnt go......But it only worked about 10% of the time.
I would pretend to be sick that morning and gave my mom a horrible time. It never worked for me though. But it's payback time... my kids do it to me EVERY SUNDAY.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:45 AM

well actually my kids enjoy it, since it is fun for them...at sunday school they play games and draw and talk about god ...its not boring....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte