Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 AM

236 posts, read 693,023 times

Advertisements

Calloway is taking some of the lots that Beazer had previously optioned. They are across Shopton Road West (at the traffic circle) and I'm not sure these were actually Pappas owned lots. They may be Faison..regardless, their sign says from the $230's...I'm not sure how it will impact Berewick...it really depends on what size the homes are and what their finishes are. Shopton Road West provides a nice separation between villages however if the homeowners that buy at this price point attract a negative element (unlikely) than ultimately the entire submarket will suffer...more of a concern would be the lowering of sales prices by builders in the community offering the same floor plans with increased options for lower prices. McCAR, for example, has lowered their base prices by more than $30K which has ultimately impacted the value of homes previously sold in their section...which is no different than any other builder in any community.

I would be more also be more concerned with what Pappas does to the former M/I lots near the amenity off Glenburn lane...Lower priced product in "heart" of the community might have more of negative impact on the community of as a whole than say the new Calloway section/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,425,814 times
I don't know anything about them but their website says the Berewick homes will be "From the $230s" I don't think that's going to negatively impact the neighborhood, LOL!

Calloway Homes

ETA: Blabber beat me to it

Old 01-04-2009, 11:53 AM

64 posts, read 150,639 times
I didn't realize M/I is leaving Berewick. The lots near the manor house are visible to anyone driving through that strip. Hope a well respected builder takes over.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM

They may still have some lots up front near the main entrance...this is the newer section...adjacent to the awefully overpriced patio style townhomes (they're gone too)..

Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM

thanks for the information.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 PM

221 posts, read 721,958 times
MI has pulled out of several projects, not just in our area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1684 View Post
I didn't realize M/I is leaving Berewick. The lots near the manor house are visible to anyone driving through that strip. Hope a well respected builder takes over.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM

248 posts, read 745,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
I don't know anything about them but their website says the Berewick homes will be "From the $230s" I don't think that's going to negatively impact the neighborhood, LOL!

Calloway Homes

Judging from their website, these plans look alot like the houses already built in that neighborhood before the previous builder left. I really liked those houses....

Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post
Every builder has pulled out of several projects

Old 01-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti1042 View Post

Patti, do you live in Berewick? If so, what do you think of the neighborhood?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:15 PM

104 posts, read 183,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post

Calloway Homes

I agree. It'll be 230s for the smallest home (around 2,200 sq. ft) with no additional upgrades. Add some upgrades and maybe it's easily in the 250s. And again, that's for the smallest floor plan. Calloway will also have bigger homes (3,000 sq ft +) that will get into the 300s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte