U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:36 PM

35,117 posts, read 41,615,063 times
Default So what are you doing around Charlotte this weekend . ..

Sunny has some interesting things listed . . . so I am wondering what everyone has planned?

I just had take out from the local seafood restaurant, LOL. I am STUFFED. We just didn't feel like getting "fixed up" to go out to eat.

I feel like I need to get out of the house a bit . . . long week and not much time outside (so blame hot) . . . I want to drive to the mountains but there are things I need to do around the house . . . garden work . . . spread mulch . . .

And it is gonna be Father's Day. Need to go see my Daddy.

What are you all doing this weekend?

Last edited by anifani821; 06-13-2008 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 06:06 PM

11,763 posts, read 17,771,336 times
Well the Queen City Corvette Club is having a BBQ that I may be going to. Other than that I may go shooting in Rock Hill.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:09 PM

706 posts, read 1,296,335 times
My husband will be playing in the pops concert at South Park on Sunday, so I'm going to go to that with his parents.

Tomorrow morning I plan on going to work out early and then hit the farmer's market in Matthews. After that, drop some things off at Goodwill, then come home and veg all weekend.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM

How neat - your DH is a musician!!! That should be a really nice outing for you and his parents . . . I dropped off stuff at Goodwill yesterday (tis the season for weeding stuff out and re-organizing closets). I am thinking we will finish up the specs on a deck and go order the lumber this weekend . . . all depends if DH is into that . . . Matthews Farmer's Market is a nice idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend . . .

Old 06-13-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Well the Queen City Corvette Club is having a BBQ that I may be going to. Other than that I may go shooting in Rock Hill.
Vette Club BBQ sounds like fun! Whatever you do, hope you have a really nice weekend, Barking!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:54 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,762,101 times
I just got home from the Neighborhood Theater in NoDa - went to see Dickey Betts. Yee-haw was it hot, but the band was smokin'!

Tomorrow we're driving to W-S, gonna probably hit Midtown Cafe & Dessertery for lunch, then Bowman-Gray for racin' and a demolition derby.

Sunday, don't know yet.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:02 AM

10,266 posts, read 10,798,411 times
Just picking up the rest of my stuff from the apt and organizing the new house so more. Maybe do some painting?? Thats about it. Not very exciting

Old 06-14-2008, 06:13 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,904,019 times
Wife and I had 'date night' last night.
The girls are with my parents.
We went to see the latest Indiana Jones, and were quite disappointed to be honest.
Afterwards dinner at the Waldhorn - warm pretzel bread and a Franziskaner Hefeweizen!

Today having the oil changed in my car, then picking up a gift for my father.
We are having a fathers' day cookout [with four generations of family] at my parents house this afternoon.
Tomorrow is church in the morning, and probably piddle around the yard in the early afternoon then we will all end up at the pool to cool off.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:40 AM

21,808 posts, read 38,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Wife and I had 'date night' last night.
The girls are with my parents.
We went to see the latest Indiana Jones, and were quite disappointed to be honest.
Afterwards dinner at the Waldhorn - warm pretzel bread and a Franziskaner Hefeweizen!

Today having the oil changed in my car, then picking up a gift for my father.
We are having a fathers' day cookout [with four generations of family] at my parents house this afternoon.
Tomorrow is church in the morning, and probably piddle around the yard in the early afternoon then we will all end up at the pool to cool off.
Sounds like you got a great weekend going on
I gotta ask what is pretzel bread?
Is it bread shape like a pretzel or does it taste like a pretzel?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,230,853 times
I'm running off to Asheville to see the Robert Plant & Alison Krauss concert tonight. Then spending the night and most of tomorrow with my girlfriend at her parents' place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte