Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:06 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times

Advertisements

Hey, a friend is moving to Union County soon and is in need of temporary housing while her home is being built. Any suggestions?

She has asked about Cheswyck at Ballantyne and Bexley Crossing at Providence. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of either?

Thanks for the input...can't have her staying in a dump for a month or so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
My husband stayed in Eastover Ridge for a while and had no complaints.
Good luck.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM

201 posts, read 803,914 times
Some communities do corporate housing themselves, but many work with one of these two companies:

Equity Corp Housing

Oakwood Corp Apts

Another option is that she can rent her own apartment and then use Cort Instant Furniture Rental to set up a furniture package. They do just about anything you want, they can provide packages that include very little, or everything - right down to an ironing board, iron, linens and kitchenware.

I've used all three companies in my business, and I think they really all do a great job.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:50 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
Does she need a furnished place or does she have her own?

We rented at The Colony apartments/townhouses in Southpark for 3 months.

Dawn

Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Furnished/unfurnished

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Does she need a furnished place or does she have her own?

We rented at The Colony apartments/townhouses in Southpark for 3 months.

Dawn
Not sure, since all her stuff is being packed and moved. Seems a hassle to partially unpack. Guess renting bare essentials for a while would work. Not sure what her relo package covers.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Hey, a friend is moving to Union County soon and is in need of temporary housing while her home is being built. Any suggestions?

She has asked about Cheswyck at Ballantyne and Bexley Crossing at Providence. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of either?

We looked at it and it's definitely not cheap. We ended up renting an apartment and using CORT furniture rental. Well, that ended up not being so cheap either. The nice thing about corp relo is that they have all your furniture in place and take care of all having all your utilities turned on and each month you write one check to them. It was a pain dealing w/ the utility companies and having to take time off to meet furniture people who show up 3 hours late, etc. If we had to do it all over again, we'd probably pay the extra to go w/ corp relo to elimnate the hassle. If I remember correctly the decent places were ranging from $2,400 to $3,000 / month for 2Bed / 2Bath. That included everything. Have them check w/ different relo companies. Each companies prices varied, even within the same apartment complexes.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Thanks for the great suggestions!

Thanks for all the info...I'll pass it along. First-hand info is always so much better than the colorful brochures! Good leads are very helpful. If you've had a BAD experience, make sure to let me know that, too, since I don't want her to learn something the hard way if you can route her around it.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 AM

34 posts, read 124,517 times
Default Short Term Corporate Housing

We used Apartment Arrangements, she had several choices all over town and nice apartments in good areas. There is a website apartmentarrangements dot com. Eileen helped us and I would highly recommend, furniture and utilities included even small appliances, dishes. I think there minimum stay is 30 days.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 AM

367 posts, read 1,028,877 times
We are going to be doing the same thing. Why corporate housing? Just looking in that category means you are going to pay alot of money. There are privately owned homes and town homes out there that offer flexible leasing terms. I have seen 6 months, I have seen month to month. I have been told the building process in Charlotte is a little slow, like six months to build a house from the ground up. You should try Rentclicks.com and do an advanced search using the appropriate leasing terms.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM

396 posts, read 1,630,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post

We stayed at the Cheswyck for 6 weeks while we were house-hunting. It was great and they were very helpful. It's very quiet there and the furnished unit we were in was very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte