Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,646 times

Advertisements

I've been a painter for 30 years. For any interior work you should be looking at $1.25 to $1.75 per sq foot. The price can vary due to holes in the walls,greese,smoke,or dark colors. If you choose dark colors like red,green ect the painter will have to put on 2 to 3 coats of paint. Please remember you get what you pay for make sure anyone doing work on your home has all license's, and insurance. If someone working on your home gets hurt for any reason they can sue you and then your $300 paint job can cost you $50,000.00. Good luck and God Bless. John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM

15 posts, read 33,236 times
We just had every room in our 3200 sq. ft. house done, 6 different colors for $2300 - including the paint! They did 2 coats of Sherwin Williams, were meticulous and very nice "houseguests" as we work from home. Our first estimate was for $7175 so be on the lookout for scammers.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,158 times
Default Painting

There are many issuse to consider before you get a price for painting. Molding, Trim, door frames, holes to patch and how many colors. The price to paint for my company usually runs $175 to $200 a room depending on these variables.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,919 times
this is good info- we just built last year and need to paint the entire 2300 sq ft house to get rid of this awful off-white builder flat paint. I'm scared to find out how much it will be.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,624 times
I just had a 1200ft, 3 bedrooms & 2 baths condo in Yuma, Az. painted after a quote of $1,000. This included a good quality paint & painting ALL woodwork but not the ceilings or kitchen cabinets. I didn't get the quote in writing & when the painter told me this price DIDN'T include painting the interier doors I was shocked. We are in the process of negociating to get the doors painted. I strongly recommend getting any estimate or quote in writing & noting ALL areas to be painted.
Also I have this question: Does "woodwork" usually include doors?

Old 02-01-2015, 09:45 AM

467 posts, read 1,496,604 times
Anything more than $100 a room with you supplying the paint of your choice is too much. An exception would be if you have very intricate wood work or an extremely high end house. Painting is easy, it just takes patience. I usually pay 50 cents a square foot (floor not wall).

Source: I've hired painters to paint my houses more times than I can count.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:57 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times
If anyone has suggestions on painters around Indian Trail who could give us an estimate. Our house is between 3100 and 3200 square feet. We got one estimate today and have another painter coming on Saturday, but I don't think there is such a thing as too many estimates.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:18 PM

345 posts, read 871,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarked View Post
Anything more than $100 a room with you supplying the paint of your choice is too much. An exception would be if you have very intricate wood work or an extremely high end house. Painting is easy, it just takes patience. I usually pay 50 cents a square foot (floor not wall).

Source: I've hired painters to paint my houses more times than I can count.
Can you share some contacts.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I have a hispanic guy that paints for the major builders in the area. He does work on the side with his crew which I have to supply the paint which I buy @ Lowes. He charges depending on the total job and I have paid around $600 for 3 rooms and a hallway and most recently paid $200 for one room with 3 colors and a border. He and his crew are tremendously efficient and are in and out quicker than most.

Good Luck!
Hi Jake,

would you be able to pass on contact of the painter you used. I am a recent homebuyer and need to repaint the house.

Thanks

Old 08-20-2017, 08:00 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times
Several years ago I was quoted 100 dollars labor per gallon of paint used. I could buy the paint or they could and add it to the charges. I had two bedrooms painted, two closets, one living room, and one long hall. They used 4 gallons of paint. Only needed one coat because I didn't change colors from the previous job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte