Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 AM

98 posts, read 259,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary0216 View Post
Good morning Jan - I am also new to this forum. My husband and I are meeting with KB on 2/15-2/20 to discuss building a home that should be ready 9/07. We have 4 children - a 14 yr. girl - 13 yr. old twin boys and a 9 yr. old girl and my mother-in-law. I was informed that my 9 year old would be going to a new school - being built now - Rocky River Elem. School. I wish you the best with your build and if all goes well - I'll see you at the bus stop.

Hi again, sorry Mary, I meant to introduce you to Sarah also ... We are on the biltmore side and have the Wilshire model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM

191 posts, read 1,001,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
We are right off of Wesley Chapel Rd.in the Brook Valley community. We are in a cul-de-sac with about .41 acre or something like that. We have a pretty big backyard, lots of room for the dog to run around. They are putting up the last few houses now, so hopefully they'll be done here soon.
That's funny that you met your future neighbor on this forum. We also met our future neighbors here. "Hey guys" if you're reading this!! They are also from LI.
Best of luck on your move!!
"Hi" from another org. Long Islander (Port Jeff Sta) now moving to Wesley Chapel!!!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:34 AM

3 posts, read 5,834 times
Good morning ladies - I just logged on and saw your messages. We have yet to pick the lot but it will be on cruz bay - the model is the Hancock. We are scheduled to meet with Dan on 2/17 to get the ball rolling. We live in Miller Place.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,034,821 times
Default hello

Hi Mary,

I am Mary Jane! I am movign to st, john's as well just the less expensive side. We should move in June/July. I have had my ups and downs with them but hopefully everything will work out. I love the neighborhood.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary0216 View Post
Good morning ladies - I just logged on and saw your messages. We have yet to pick the lot but it will be on cruz bay - the model is the Hancock. We are scheduled to meet with Dan on 2/17 to get the ball rolling. We live in Miller Place.
Hi Mary! When I first went to St John's with my family to look I went to the ready built Hancock and Wilshire homes on Cruz bay (which is right down the block from me and Sarah) and I loved the Hancock but we decided to go with the Wilshire the smaller size of the Hancock since it's just the 3 of us! Where is Miller Place? Good luck to you and your family. We look forward to meeting you one day!

Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 PM

146 posts, read 638,527 times
Default Target

A Target store is coming to the corner of N.C. 84 and Waxhaw-Indian Trail Road in the Union County village of Wesley Chapel.

The Minneapolis-based retailer has purchased almost a quarter of the 44-acre parcel that is part of the Village Commons complex on the southeast corner of the intersection, according to documents filed at the Register of Deeds Jan 31.

Target bought the 10.7-acre piece of land for $2.3 million, the deed shows.

A representative from Aston Properties, which is developing the shopping center, is scheduled to speak at Wesley Chapel's Village Council meeting tonight. Mayor Tracey Clinton said Monday that she expects the developer to announce Target's participation in the shopping center, which is a second phase to the Village Commons complex.

Clinton, who got her start in town politics opposing the shopping center in 2003, said she's pleased Target will be the "big-box" store that anchors it.

"If we do have to have a big box, this is the best one to have," Clinton said. She said Wesley Chapel has grown and changed much since her neighborhood chose her as a spokesperson to oppose the shopping center. The Village Council is also scheduled to vote on the final step in establishing a controversial zoning power. The council will vote on the extraterritorial jurisdiction zoning map, which will make official village control over the zoning on certain parcels outside the municipality's boundaries. A majority of the county commissioners, who voted to rescind the village's authority to create the zoning area, have said they will not recognize village authority over those parcels.

The village council meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church, 120 Potter Road.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 AM

414 posts, read 1,380,915 times
I saw that in the news. Is this the land that is across from the st johns subdivision?

Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 AM

293 posts, read 958,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I saw that in the news. Is this the land that is across from the st johns subdivision?
No, it's not the land across from St John's, but it's not too far from there. Maybe a few miles heading west on 84.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Target Wesley Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydad View Post
A Target store is coming to the corner of N.C. 84 and Waxhaw-Indian Trail Road in the Union County village of Wesley Chapel.

The Minneapolis-based retailer has purchased almost a quarter of the 44-acre parcel that is part of the Village Commons complex on the southeast corner of the intersection, according to documents filed at the Register of Deeds Jan 31.

Target bought the 10.7-acre piece of land for $2.3 million, the deed shows.

A representative from Aston Properties, which is developing the shopping center, is scheduled to speak at Wesley Chapel's Village Council meeting tonight. Mayor Tracey Clinton said Monday that she expects the developer to announce Target's participation in the shopping center, which is a second phase to the Village Commons complex.

Clinton, who got her start in town politics opposing the shopping center in 2003, said she's pleased Target will be the "big-box" store that anchors it.

"If we do have to have a big box, this is the best one to have," Clinton said. She said Wesley Chapel has grown and changed much since her neighborhood chose her as a spokesperson to oppose the shopping center. The Village Council is also scheduled to vote on the final step in establishing a controversial zoning power. The council will vote on the extraterritorial jurisdiction zoning map, which will make official village control over the zoning on certain parcels outside the municipality's boundaries. A majority of the county commissioners, who voted to rescind the village's authority to create the zoning area, have said they will not recognize village authority over those parcels.

The village council meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church, 120 Potter Road.

Hi, Thanks for posting this. I read this on a website when I was trying to look into the farm being sold across the street from St. John's Forest. Isn't the road called Weddington Road that leads to the St. John's Forest entrance? The farm is huge so maybe Target will be on another surrounding road? I'm not sure of the cross street names......

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
No, it's not the land across from St John's, but it's not too far from there. Maybe a few miles heading west on 84.
Thanks, I understand now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte