Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM

93 posts, read 598,992 times

Advertisements

Yeah the smooth ceilings was a bit much. I wanted to do the hardwood, but with our model, it priced out around 4k. We'll do some of our own upgrades, little by little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 07:58 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
oh that sucks about the radiant...they told us we have to do it when you build and that it can't be added later. Oh well..at least the stuff in the attic shouldn't melt. We were so worried about putting our things in the attic. We heard the south gets very hot. They did tell us it will probably take about 3 yrs. for it to pay for itself.

We did the 9 ft. too but since our house is smaller it cost around $2400. I hated paying for smooth ceilings aghh! and I can't believe 4 or 6 panel interior doors are not standard. That would never fly in a new contruction neighborhood up here.

We also did hardwood floors downstairs and upgraded the carpet just to the 1st level up b/c we didn't like any of the standard colors. We also insultated the garage. I am sure we could do this ourselves but my husband wants a wood shop so we just did it now.

I heard that the attics can't even hold more than 50 lbs. and they say not to store anything on them.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:00 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,125 times
Default options..

I know it was so dumb..esp. b/c don't most people want smooth? I mean my parents have it popcorned but they had it done in the 80s.

By the way I wrote you back. Thanks for the e-mail.

I do love Union County's taxes though! I am excited for our kitchen that is where we spent the most. We still did the laminate top but changed it to a black color which should look really nice against the white cabinets and cherry floors. We also did the extension bump out for the bay window there.

The development seems really friendly but I guess you never know until you move in! I also see lots of women walking around together.

Did you do the radiant barrier?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 PM

Default TBLTZ -attics

Really? DId you ask the KB sales guy about that?

Is that just Kb attics? B/c we store tons and tons in our attic now in pa. Isn't that what they are for? Storage?

That scares me b/c we were planning on putting a lot up there!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM

I was told the same thing. That really sucked for us because we wanted something with a basement and ended up with settleling for a home with an attic (not alot of homes with basements out there). Then they said that we wouldn't be able to store nothing more than holiday decorations, etc. but no equipment.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I know it was so dumb..esp. b/c don't most people want smooth? I mean my parents have it popcorned but they had it done in the 80s.

By the way I wrote you back. Thanks for the e-mail.

I do love Union County's taxes though! I am excited for our kitchen that is where we spent the most. We still did the laminate top but changed it to a black color which should look really nice against the white cabinets and cherry floors. We also did the extension bump out for the bay window there.

The development seems really friendly but I guess you never know until you move in! I also see lots of women walking around together.

Did you do the radiant barrier?

I'll look for your email tonight. I did not do the radiant barrier. What is it exactly?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,001 times
Quote:
Really? DId you ask the KB sales guy about that?

Is that just Kb attics? B/c we store tons and tons in our attic now in pa. Isn't that what they are for? Storage?

That scares me b/c we were planning on putting a lot up there!
Yes what bronx mom said its only for holiday decerations. Did you ever go up one and check it out? not much room. all insulation.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Talked to hubby

He says she did look and it is small but he is putting down boards...I guess to help with more items.

He still wants to keep the barrier though because it helps with the air conditioning bills.

Last edited by MJPost32; 01-23-2007 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: wording

Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM

98 posts, read 259,445 times
Red face hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Jan did u sell your house already???
No...I don't have a house to sell NJmom...having problems logging into the forum so finally I can post!!

Old 01-25-2007, 04:52 PM

98 posts, read 259,445 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I bought a kb but in a different development.I bought in oct. They haven't start building yet but soon they will. One reason is holidays get in the way. xmas and turkey day. also I had to switch lots and i had to resign all the papers. They told me up front what were options and what weren't. They also have a paper in each model with the upgrades listed. The home studio I felt the same way. I webt to see one girl then for my follow up had another girl because the other one got fired. But they have been upfront with me and call every week. So far im happy but don't even have a house yet.
I have been pretty happy with the girl I had at the studio also. They are supposed to break ground with us today but we still haven't been able to catch up with the superintendant they gave us...playing phone tag. The upgrades were crazy but exciting to do. My husband and I went on a Friday and were exhausted to begin with and the girl was very helpful and patient that we had. My husband and I had also for quite a few weeks researched the options and made a budget for ourselves and tried to stick with it. The girl had helped us with sticking to the budget also. I didn't get smooth ceilings but got a trey ceiling, got standard cabinets but also got the good counter tops, upgraded lighting etc. wood floors but standard light carpeting for upstairs. Have 8 year old daughter and 2 dogs...don't want carpet downstairs. I also got the radiant roof, I thought that was a good thing to get. I get it depends on who you have at the studio. My rep is Dan Brown and he is awesome and will answer anything you ask him honestly. He was also a school teacher so he was straightforward with the questions I had regarding that as well. So far so good. I am very thrilled that I have met neighbors through here!! I have been born and raised in NY and am very excited about moving here and it's our first home. We purchased the Wilshire home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte