Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:50 PM

98 posts, read 259,349 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and my husband and I have bought a KB Home and should be finished with building by Aug 07 - cannot wait until we move down. We both were born and raised in Staten Island and are bringing our 8 year old daughter with us. We just came back last month from the KB studio and chose our options. We have been down twice and loved everything about the town and state. Very exciting. I have always wanted to move south since I was a child. Anyway, from reading this forum lately, I'm assuming my daughter will attend Wesley Chapel Elementary. Are there any members who have bought in Wesley Chapel or have bought from KB Homes and can you give me your insight about the area and your experience? Are there farms left in the area, horse stables? I noticed quite a few Northerners are moving to NC and am also hoping to meet many people who are from NC also. Thanks, Janice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan7725 View Post
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and my husband and I have bought a KB Home and should be finished with building by Aug 07 - cannot wait until we move down. We both were born and raised in Staten Island and are bringing our 8 year old daughter with us. We just came back last month from the KB studio and chose our options. We have been down twice and loved everything about the town and state. Very exciting. I have always wanted to move south since I was a child. Anyway, from reading this forum lately, I'm assuming my daughter will attend Wesley Chapel Elementary. Are there any members who have bought in Wesley Chapel or have bought from KB Homes and can you give me your insight about the area and your experience? Are there farms left in the area, horse stables? I noticed quite a few Northerners are moving to NC and am also hoping to meet many people who are from NC also. Thanks, Janice
Don't want to burst your bubble. I love that subdivison but did they tell you they sold the land across the street and they are looking to put a strip mall there?

But that aside very nice subdivison. Which side did you buy on?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Which subdivision? I think St. Johns Forest is going to be reassigned for the next school year.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble. I love that subdivison but did they tell you they sold the land across the street and they are looking to put a strip mall there?

But that aside very nice subdivison. Which side did you buy on?

Well yes the bubble has been sucked up a bit...Yes, they told us the land was being bought, just heard that, may be another development or stores. I was disappointed with that - loved seeing the cows there and the rural feel. Do you know how large of a strip or if anyone is fighting against it? We bought on the Biltmore side and are pretty much in the back where the road is still being established. With my husband retired from the NYPD and me going back to school I'm thinking the quality of life and the people should still be more tranquil for our family. We really just loved the feel of the neighborhood and home layouts.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Which subdivision? I think St. Johns Forest is going to be reassigned for the next school year.
We are in St. Johns Forest in the Biltmore section. What school would my daughter be reassigned to? I thought she would be assigned to the Wesley Chapel Elementary since that would be the closest school to our community.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
I would check with the Union County Schools -- Elementary school "I" is supposed to be opening next school year I think -- and I believe St. John's Forest is assigned there. I am not sure though. Definitely check with UCPS...

Old 01-11-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I would check with the Union County Schools -- Elementary school "I" is supposed to be opening next school year I think -- and I believe St. John's Forest is assigned there. I am not sure though. Definitely check with UCPS...

I definitely will check it out. Thank you for the info. What is "I"? By the way, I checked out your website, very nice. I'm sending it to my sister and her husband who live in LI. It amazes my husband and I about the homes you can get there for 600 where here they would be a million. Would you know anything about this strip mall that they are trying to build across from St Johns? How do you feel about this subdivision in your opinion if you are "allowed" to voice that? Thanks.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:12 AM

293 posts, read 958,595 times
I have friends that are in The Villages of Wesley Chapel which is right around the corner from St.John's Forest. Their kids go to Wesley Chapel elem/Weddington Middle, however they are being reassigned to Rocky River Elem/Sun Valley schools next year. I think they are building new middle/high schools in the future, so who knows what the following year will bring. But definately check out UCPS to be sure.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Well yes the bubble has been sucked up a bit...Yes, they told us the land was being bought, just heard that, may be another development or stores. I was disappointed with that - loved seeing the cows there and the rural feel. Do you know how large of a strip or if anyone is fighting against it? We bought on the Biltmore side and are pretty much in the back where the road is still being established. With my husband retired from the NYPD and me going back to school I'm thinking the quality of life and the people should still be more tranquil for our family. We really just loved the feel of the neighborhood and home layouts.
I don't anything about the stores or the size. If you live in the back of biltmore it will be fine. But there will be a lot of traffic to get home and they will probably have to put in a stop light depending on how big the shopping area is. Glad they told you though and didn't mislead you.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I definitely will check it out. Thank you for the info. What is "I"? By the way, I checked out your website, very nice. I'm sending it to my sister and her husband who live in LI. It amazes my husband and I about the homes you can get there for 600 where here they would be a million. Would you know anything about this strip mall that they are trying to build across from St Johns? How do you feel about this subdivision in your opinion if you are "allowed" to voice that? Thanks.
Its one of KB's better subdivisons. I looked to buy there but found something else I liked. It was a tough decision. The only thing bad about it is if and when the strip mall goes up. Besides that its a great subdivison. I spent almost two full days there when I was looking and it was a very quite subdivision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte