Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 PM

285 posts, read 1,071,784 times

Advertisements

I was looking up crime reports for my area just to see on charmeck.org and I found a link that details 911 calls.

I saw so many non-emergency calls on there that it was surprising. One was for animal defecation. I can't believe someone called 911 because of animal droppings!

It is under the police, 911 logs from the official www.charmeck.org

And if anyone is interested, there is also a link to crime mapping that allows you to use a map interactively for crime reports in a certain area. Very cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 PM

672 posts, read 1,830,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Agreed. Please dont bash something until you know all the facts. This is how rumors get started.
I do know that lately any time we have needed to call 911 which has only been twice that we were put on hold for atleast 5 minutes. In addition, when a dispatch was needed, I did not see cops showing up until about 30 minutes after the call was made.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Been on hold for an hour trying to get animal control for a loose pitbull. This was right after a few pretty bad attacks in a short time. They never even came out, even after I talked to them. Next time, I'll shoot instead of call.

*I don't condone shooting all of the fuzzy little creatures that people call pets. I will shoot a raccoon, oppossum, or any other mean booger.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
The problem is when 911 number went to effect nationally and locally . It such a visible number from the media and on emergency vehicles but it did not give alternative number for non emergency.
It should have been advertise call 911 for emergencies but dial ____ for non emergencies with explanation of the differences.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The problem is when 911 number went to effect nationally and locally . It such a visible number from the media and on emergency vehicles but it did not give alternative number for non emergency.
It should have been advertise call 911 for emergencies but dial ____ for non emergencies with explanation of the differences.

You would think that the difference between an emergency and a non-energency would be self evident. But, as most of us know, common sense aint so common!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:24 AM

523 posts, read 2,904,897 times
I unfortunately had to call 911 yesterday for a break-in. I got to a live person immediately. It wasn't technically an emergency as the guys had already come and gone but I didn't have the phone number for the cops and the creeps took my laptop so I couldn't easily look up the most appropriate number that way (not that I was going to be sitting in my just broken into house by myself, anyway). They clearly deemed it a non-emergency, though, since the cop took 40 minutes to arrive which is understandable.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 801 times
In Charlotte you are required to call 911 for all police, medical, and fire issues. They do not have a non emergency number, so the urgency of the call is issued by dispatch. I dont like the system personally

Old 06-25-2018, 04:22 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu815 View Post
In Charlotte you are required to call 911 for all police, medical, and fire issues. They do not have a non emergency number, so the urgency of the call is issued by dispatch. I dont like the system personally
Actually, there are two non-emergency police numbers: 311 and 704-336-7600.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte