U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 PM

217 posts, read 456,393 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are interested in reloting to Huntersville and are looking into communities. We have three children so schools including charter schools are important. We have been told about several new home communities such as Skybrook North and Vermillion which are all along the same road. How are these areas? I heard a lot depends upon on which side of I77 you are. Is Skybrook North an exspensive area for Huntersville?Coming from Long Island I do not want high taxes. Appreciate any and all input. Thank You.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:53 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,476,829 times
Barbara, Taxes will be nothing like what you are used to! I live in that Area and actually can walk to Vermillion there are some great options out there. Everything you asked for is available. Skybrook has many sections. Some are expensive others are reasonable. Please let me know if you have any more questions. I love Huntersville!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 PM

217 posts, read 456,393 times
Default huntersville communities

Can anyone share which new home communities in Huntersville are the most exspensive and respected and which are just $$$.

Thank you.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 PM

380 posts, read 1,614,412 times
we live on the west side of Huntersville in the Wynfield Forest neighborhood. It is not new homes. Ours is 11 years old. But it is a great neighborhood for families with children. Wynfield has a good reputation in the area.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Wynfield is nice. Just because a neighborhood maybe the "expensive" does not make it the best, some of the homes in Huntersville on the Lake probably bring the biggest buck!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:40 PM

7 posts, read 31,345 times
Have you checked out Amber Leigh? It is a smaller neighborhood than Vermillion and Skybrook but beautiful wooded home sites if you happen to be a tree hugger ........and they just adjusted their pricing according to one of my co-workers. It may be worth checking into though it is not Huntersville, it is 5 minutes from Huntersville, and has easy access to the interstates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoerio View Post
Hi,
We are interested in reloting to Huntersville and are looking into communities. We have three children so schools including charter schools are important. We have been told about several new home communities such as Skybrook North and Vermillion which are all along the same road. How are these areas? I heard a lot depends upon on which side of I77 you are. Is Skybrook North an exspensive area for Huntersville?Coming from Long Island I do not want high taxes. Appreciate any and all input. Thank You.
Barbara

Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 11,962 times
Default Huntersville is a hot spot to be

Huntersville is growing fast as there are several new stores, grocery stores, fine dining, etc. There will also be a Discovery Place for Kids built in this area. I think they are breaking ground soon.
You may want to check out Centennial (right pass downtown Huntersville)which is close to Skybrook and Vermillion. The neighborhood just a Memorial Day Party and it was a blast.
Homes are affordable and it is a nice community. There is a lot to choose from. Good Luck with your search.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 AM

90 posts, read 151,653 times
Any updates would be helpful as I find myself looking in that area also. We are relocating Dec 2008 over the Christmas break. I am looking for a house with a basement is that uncommon for Huntersville? How about Amber Leigh any basements?

Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRoma View Post
Any updates would be helpful as I find myself looking in that area also. We are relocating Dec 2008 over the Christmas break. I am looking for a house with a basement is that uncommon for Huntersville? How about Amber Leigh any basements?
There arwe a few neighborhoods with basement lots. Carrington Ridge has a few lots with basements.

Down here we make up for the basements with bonus rooms over the garage.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM

11 posts, read 19,202 times
You can't go wrong with Skybrook and its great amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte