U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM

338 posts, read 790,094 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information about this Orleans community? For example, how many homes will it have? What percentage have been built to date, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 AM

70 posts, read 242,076 times
I can't tell you any specifics about the area as far as number of homes, etc. What I can tell you is that I took my motorcycle back there a few months ago and the area looks nice--tree's on homesites, quiet, etc. I believe that there was only the model and maybe another house under construction. The area looked to have no construction activity going on at all. It would scare me to buy in there now if they offered amenities like a pool in the future because I am not sure if/when those would be built. I'm not sure what the speicifics are for the homes or prices, but I have seen signs that say from the 300's. That will not get you lakefront property here. A more established community that would be similar is The Farms, just down the road into the peninsula a little farther. It is more established and to me had a similar feel as far as the neighborhood goes (trees, lot sizes). There are many homes in the area that are for sale so looking for existing housing or new housing in a more established area is what I would (and did in December) do.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the info. How many miles is it from 77? It seems closer than The Farms and The Point which are further down Brawley School Road.

PS: Are there any nice shopping developments within a 5 mile radius similar to Stone Crest or Blakeney or is Birkdale pretty much it (other than the mall)?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,708,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
Thanks for the info. How many miles is it from 77? It seems closer than The Farms and The Point which are further down Brawley School Road.

PS: Are there any nice shopping developments within a 5 mile radius similar to Stone Crest or Blakeney or is Birkdale pretty much it (other than the mall)?
No real shopping in Mooresville...you would have to drive to Birkdale in Huntersville or NorthLake Mall in North Charlotte near Huntersville.

About a 45 minute drive to Uptown with no wrecks and no rain...can easily turn into 1hr plus.

Nice area though.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,476,829 times
http://www.mooresvilletownsquare.com/images/MTSbrochure.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-18-2008, 03:20 PM

876 posts, read 3,481,855 times
we looked there as well when we first looked at building. They had just finished paving the roads and none of the lots were for sale at that time. The area is gorgeous over there. Great schools, etc. Not alot of shopping if you are looking for a mall, however the Target, Lowes, Walmart, etc are within 3-5 miles easily. They also have the Mooresville Square being built right now which is remeniscint of Birkdale.

I don't think you'd be making a bad choice by moving there, its nice!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 AM

70 posts, read 242,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post

About 6-7 miles to 77. Not much further to the farms or the point, especially once you are there--maybe another 5 minute drive tops, but that also depends on traffic. Shopping is not an issue for me, I rarely need to leave the immediate area for anything--certainly no more than 10 miles away. Depends on what you shop for I guess, but everyday essentials you should not need to drive far.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:58 AM

Thanks for the info. I realized, after conducting a mapquest search, that this area by Lake Norman is about ten miles further from Uptown than Orleans' new developments near Providence Rd. just over the Mecklenberg-Union Cty. border (i.e., Providence Forest and Lake Forest Preserve). Therefore, I'm ruling it out.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:39 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,476,829 times
LondonLawyer (solicitor? ) what are you exactly looking for maybe we can suggest some neighborhoods for you?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm looking for a home between $600k and $700k built by Orleans or Weiland.

My top choices so far are:

Lake Forest Preserve;

Providence Forest;

Brookhaven; and

Weddington Chase.

The Cove sounded like a nice option until I realized how much further it is from Uptown than the above-noted communities (and, in particular, the first three).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or