Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM

250 posts, read 528,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
My point is - who is promoting this gang crap?
The crackhead people of 25 years ago who know nothing better than collecting welfare, selling their food stamps and using the money for drugs, and stealing from hard working people are now having kids. That's who is promoting it. How can the kid learn any different lifestyle than what he sees from the worthless ghetto rat parents? There will always be scattered examples of kids who figure it out and want a better life. Those kids get their education, take it seriously, and become productive members of society. The other 98% stay home and do what I said above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,307,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Seriously, between the above and wasting time on the internet, I just have no gangsta time left.
Time - you hit it. My DH is fond of saying- only kids w/ too much time on their hands can devote themselves to gangs (or crime in general). Let's face it - if these kids were in school getting an education so they could get a REAL JOB, they would not be out on the streets - they would be WORKING like the rest of us. Selling drugs and creating an arsenal of firearms is a DECISION to participate in a particular LIFESTYLE . . . one wh/ promotes taking other people's belongings instead of holding down a job.

I don't see how society can be blamed for the bad decisions of people who want to steal, rob, and kill to acquire what the rest of us have to work for.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,647,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
The crackhead people of 25 years ago who know nothing better than collecting welfare, selling their food stamps and using the money for drugs, and stealing from hard working people are now having kids. That's who is promoting it. How can the kid learn any different lifestyle than what he sees from the worthless ghetto rat parents? There will always be scattered examples of kids who figure it out and want a better life. Those kids get their education, take it seriously, and become productive members of society. The other 98% stay home and do what I said above.
Exactly, and the liberals in govco are responsible for enabling it.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,289,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Exactly, and the liberals in govco are responsible for enabling it.
Although Johnson's Great Society did have the noblest of intentions, in hindsight, it has done nothing to eradicate poverty.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,586,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
This is just plain SAD, and of course Scary. You know you can't just blame the parents, society has to take some of the blame for this too.
Yes, let's blame anybody but the person doing it. Each person will some day have to give account for their own life and unfortunately for some, they will not be able to point a finger at someone else. I guess I just have zero patience for criminal behavior. Do a crime, pay the price.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 AM

5,978 posts, read 19,873,446 times
THIS is really creepy! I can't say enough! And those rifles are pretty high powered...WTF? Where are they coming from?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Although Johnson's Great Society did have the noblest of intentions, in hindsight, it has done nothing to eradicate poverty.
True, but the liberals of today exploit those intentions and thrive as long as people suffer. Liberals win when we lose wars, the economy fails, and black people suffer. People buy their crap and it's how they win elections. The liberal agenda is no friend to the black community.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,289,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
THIS is really creepy! I can't say enough! And those rifles are pretty high powered...WTF? Where are they coming from?
Most assuredly, not the local gun dealer.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Likely smuggled or stolen.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,773,969 times
As a parent of a graduating senior I can tell you that the parents who are really involved in their kids lives and get to know their kids friends usually don't have very many problems. It is the kids who are left on their own and the parents who don't bother to go to any of their activities and don't know who their kids are spending time with this is where the problem starts. My husband has been living in NC since January until we all move down there next month and he is in constant contact with our oldest making sure he is doing everything he should be and to talk just to see how things are going. Parent involvement does not stop after elementary school they need you more as they get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte