U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM

44 posts, read 252,199 times

Advertisements

I know that Sharon Amity isn't a good road, but does that apply to the whole road? There is a Cinnabon on Central Ave. off of N. Sharon Amity and I didn't know if I should even think about going near it. Any insight?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 09:06 AM

45,246 posts, read 94,870,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewecome View Post
I know that Sharon Amity isn't a good road, but does that apply to the whole road? There is a Cinnabon on Central Ave. off of N. Sharon Amity and I didn't know if I should even think about going near it. Any insight?
During daylight hours you should be fine I would not frequent this area at night or live anywhere near it however.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM

3,361 posts, read 9,443,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
During daylight hours you should be fine I would not frequent this area at night or live anywhere near it however.
I would agree with that.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 9,676 times
i used to stay that way, I wouldn't blame you either, lock the doors keep the engine running

Old 01-13-2007, 07:25 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,638,010 times
Ditto to the above posts. Not a safe area.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:39 AM

16 posts, read 55,695 times
Default stop it already

Moderator cut: tos violation Just like allot of other folks I have met that live in south Charlotte. I totally believe these comments to be motivated by one factor and that my friend is race. These are the same people that see a black kid or latino with his pants sagging and his hat on sideways and they assume he is in a gang. I am a white man living in East charlotte I live in Idlewild farms to be exact. I moved here 3 years ago and love it, quick access to everything downtown in 10 min south park 10 min. mint hill 10 min. Oh and my house payment is super cheap that in itself makes it a great place to live. Love the mountains quit being such a wimp and wake up and smell the coffee. Moderator cut: tos violation . Oh and I don't care if the above post is old.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-10-2010 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-10-2010, 12:00 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,141,630 times
Jaggers - do you have kids in public school? Good luck with that.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM

551 posts, read 1,280,104 times
Everything around there is deteriorating but it is not dangerous as the posters make it seem. Save that for west and north Charlotte, lol.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,870,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggers View Post
Just like allot of other folks I have met that live in south Charlotte. I totally believe these comments to be motivated by one factor and that my friend is race. These are the same people that see a black kid or latino with his pants sagging and his hat on sideways and they assume he is in a gang. I am a white man living in East charlotte I live in Idlewild farms to be exact. I moved here 3 years ago and love it, quick access to everything downtown in 10 min south park 10 min. mint hill 10 min. Oh and my house payment is super cheap that in itself makes it a great place to live. . Oh and I don't care if the above post is old.

hmmmm...not sure what prompted all this, as I have no clue who you are and I know you don't know me at all

At the time of this very old thread I had recently moved away from actually living on Sharon Amity Rd. My opinions and judgements were based on actual experience.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-10-2010 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: the referring post has been edited

Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,609,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggers View Post
Just like allot of other folks I have met that live in south Charlotte. I totally believe these comments to be motivated by one factor and that my friend is race. These are the same people that see a black kid or latino with his pants sagging and his hat on sideways and they assume he is in a gang. I am a white man living in East charlotte I live in Idlewild farms to be exact. I moved here 3 years ago and love it, quick access to everything downtown in 10 min south park 10 min. mint hill 10 min. Oh and my house payment is super cheap that in itself makes it a great place to live. . Oh and I don't care if the above post is old.
The OP asked for opinions about a location.

Not sure it was worth a tirade just because you might have a different opinion based on your three years in Charlotte.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-10-2010 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: the referring post has been edited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte