Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

So I stick my head out the window and find a tall, 30-ish looking BM w/ a buzz cut and blue pants and sweater; black rim glasses. I say - EXCUSE ME, what did you need? He says "I am here raising money for a trip to. . ." and I interrupt him and say -"Please step away from my door and exit my property."

I slammed the window shut and stepped to pick up the phone and call 311. Went back to window. He is gone. Vanished! Can't figure that out! So I took the phone and walked to the back of the house - nothing. Meanwhile, waiting for 311. Took five minutes. They say call 911. SIGH.

So I walk outside. No sign of this guy anywhere up and down street. Where did he vanish to? My woods? Someone else's garage?

I hate this stuff. Waiting on cruiser. Let's time that.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:34 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So I stick my head out the window and find a tall, 30-ish looking BM w/ a buzz cut and blue pants and sweater; black rim glasses. I say - EXCUSE ME, what did you need? He says "I am here raising money for a trip to. . ." and I interrupt him and say -"Please step away from my door and exit my property."

I slammed the window shut and stepped to pick up the phone and call 311. Went back to window. He is gone. Vanished! Can't figure that out! So I took the phone and walked to the back of the house - nothing. Meanwhile, waiting for 311. Took five minutes. They say call 911. SIGH.

So I walk outside. No sign of this guy anywhere up and down street. Where did he vanish to? My woods? Someone else's garage?

I hate this stuff. Waiting on cruiser. Let's time that.
Ani, It's all good in da hood, Hehehe. All kidding aside that is creepy. Yikes!! My husband called 311 the other day too and was on hold for 5 minutes, then he hung up and called 911, on hold for another 5 minutes before he could have someone dispatched. Well I sure hope someone isn't having a heart attack and needs a quick response b/c this is just way out of hand.

I wonder how this guy could have gotten out of sight so quickly, I hope he didn't find a sucker to let him into their house or worse Let us know what if anything the cops find and how long it takes them to arrive. Stay safe.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Ani, It's all good in da hood, Hehehe. All kidding aside that is creepy. Yikes!! My husband called 311 the other day too and was on hold for 5 minutes, then he hung up and called 911, on hold for another 5 minutes before he could have someone dispatched. Well I sure hope someone isn't having a heart attack and needs a quick response b/c this is just way out of hand.

I wonder how this guy could have gotten out of sight so quickly, I hope he didn't find a sucker to let him into their house or worse Let us know what if anything the cops find and how long it takes them to arrive. Stay safe.
Thanks, NK!!! No, he won't find a sucker. My neighbors are totally w/ me on the "no solicitors" mission.

I hope the cops get here quickly. There is a van blocking the street that intersects my street. Very odd stuff. White van but I don't have binoculars so can't see more. Looks like econoline type. I was editing so did not notice if a work truck had pulled into neighborhood and Miss Scarlett is w/ Daddy right now upstairs so she did not see what was going on, either - to alert me earlier. Ordinarily, she would bark like crazy about a strange van and this one def does not belong here (but could be legit - work van).

Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Well . . .it has now been more than 25 minutes since I called 911. Gonna go outside and look around again. Dern. You would think . . . w/ all the break-ins . . . someone would kinda interested in this. Van still there.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Thanks, NK!!! No, he won't find a sucker. My neighbors are totally w/ me on the "no solicitors" mission.

I hope the cops get here quickly. There is a van blocking the street that intersects my street. Very odd stuff. White van but I don't have binoculars so can't see more. Looks like econoline type. I was editing so did not notice if a work truck had pulled into neighborhood and Miss Scarlett is w/ Daddy right now upstairs so she did not see what was going on, either - to alert me earlier. Ordinarily, she would bark like crazy about a strange van and this one def does not belong here (but could be legit - work van).
ani It may be those "magazine people" coming to your area. At least, I hope it is! They also had a Ford Econoline type van and dispersed 3 or 4 in our development. I hope you were on the 2nd floor talking to him! Keep your doors locked!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Well . . .it has now been more than 25 minutes since I called 911. Gonna go outside and look around again. Dern. You would think . . . w/ all the break-ins . . . someone would kinda interested in this. Van still there.
A-n-y d-a-y n-o-w!.... A-n-y d-a-y! Time to go into "ani Oakley" mode if nobody shows up!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
So the CMPD response time is also a problem in South Charlotte as well as my area S.W. Charlotte. This guy could be in your house since those 25 minutes have gone by for all the CMPD knows. Gosh, what happened to "Protect and Serve?????????" Now I know they are busy, but ?????????

Old 04-15-2008, 01:57 PM

Okay. Well end of that. I called a neighbor up the street. She saw a cruiser come in, start down our street, then quickly make a turn-around - and left. He didn't come down our street. So maybe he got a more urgent call. ???? OH WELL. No sight of solicitation guy.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Okay. Well end of that. I called a neighbor up the street. She saw a cruiser come in, start down our street, then quickly make a turn-around - and left. He didn't come down our street. So maybe he got a more urgent call. ???? OH WELL. No sight of solicitation guy.
But if you called then he is supposed to respond to you like come to your house, make sure everything is okay. Yikes

Old 04-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
ani - To keep the CMPD nearby, you're going to have to open a donut stand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte