U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,399 times

Advertisements

carolina_guy,
I was wondering if you could shoot me an e-mail and give me the contact information about the CCW class you took. It seems like the cheapest one I can find.

Thanks so much!

To make it easy my e-mail is [EMAIL="angelam14@aol.com"]angelam14@aol.com[/EMAIL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
You're talking about a private class right? Because I know he does an open invitation ever couple of weeks. His next one is scheduled for July 12. I think he has about 30 seats available on Saturday mornings.

I think it's a great idea though if you can organize a group of City Data peeps! Just tell him Justin and the Redhead sent ya!

Hey man,

I sent you a DM could you let me know some of the contact information for Roy? I am ready to get enrolled in a class.

My E-mail raridenhour@gmail.com

Thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 03:18 PM

452 posts, read 2,124,752 times
I have a question- can you take a CCW in a county further away from the county in which you reside- is it ok as long as you are a NC resident, to take it anywhere in NC?

Also, my husband has his concealed permit and 2 registered pistols. I don't own my own gun (nor do I carry one, heh heh, I just know how to fire the shotgun)....if I were to take a CW class, can I use my husband's pistol or how does that work? Would my husband have to be with me since the gun is his? etc....when you yourself have a concealed permit, are you only allowed to carry weapons you have registered? For example, say 2 brothers both have CW permits. And each has one registered pistol. Is it legal for one brother to carry the other brothers gun once in a while? (Why? Well, maybe one is a much smaller handgun so when he is travelling somewhere he wants the smaller one, can he legally borrow it?) etc????

I assume all this is covered in class.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:28 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,144,237 times
An NC ccw is good statewide and in other states that have an agreement with NC. The gun and the ccw aren't related so the permit gives you permission to carry a concealed weapon. NC does not register its guns so you can carry whatever you want as long as you have the permit and you don't carry into the areas in which you shouldn't (schools, gov't buildings, posted places etc)

Hope that helps also here's a link that outlines the laws.

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

Last edited by jlat; 01-21-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,200,173 times
I'll throw my 2cents in here and I'm sure I'll get heat for it as usual, but I took the ccw class with the guy carolina_guy recommended in this post. This guy is super nice, very funny, a real good guy, someone who's company you would enjoy over dinner or drinks. If you are looking for the quickest, easiest, shortest means of taking the ccw class, go with this guy. If you are looking to actually learn something, I might recommend researching other options. I don't think I got the most of what this class could potentially offer, and I personally want to be a knowledgeable, responsible "person who carries" (is there a proper term for a person who carries? CCWer?) In this guy's defense, the class was HUGE, so maybe that took away from the experience. I really am not bad-mouthing this guy one bit, I hold him in high regards, but I felt a little jipped at the end. Eh, either way, I got my CCW, so I'm happy.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 PM

1,894 posts, read 5,726,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I'll throw my 2cents in here and I'm sure I'll get heat for it as usual, but I took the ccw class with the guy carolina_guy recommended in this post. This guy is super nice, very funny, a real good guy, someone who's company you would enjoy over dinner or drinks. If you are looking for the quickest, easiest, shortest means of taking the ccw class, go with this guy. If you are looking to actually learn something, I might recommend researching other options. I don't think I got the most of what this class could potentially offer, and I personally want to be a knowledgeable, responsible "person who carries" (is there a proper term for a person who carries? CCWer?) In this guy's defense, the class was HUGE, so maybe that took away from the experience. I really am not bad-mouthing this guy one bit, I hold him in high regards, but I felt a little jipped at the end. Eh, either way, I got my CCW, so I'm happy.
Don't worry one bit about offering this sort of advice. It's highly responsible on your part. So good on ya, I say!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 4,185 times
Hello! I am looking at taking the CCW and wanted to know if you could send me the info for this class. (i.e, contact info, what is needed, what should be taken with you, etc)

Thanks!

[email]porsche418@aol.com[/email]

Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,050 times
Default Looking for a partner/instructor

I am a concealed carry instructor in SC. I just became certified and have not taught a course yet. I need a facility and a range. I have over 20 years of experience in Army Special Forces and law enforcement. When I retired from the Army in '05, I was an instructor in the Special Forces Qualification Course at Ft Bragg, NC.

I want to put on a quality course with an experienced instructor as my partner, but to effect that, there are some support items we will need to make the instruction more seamless.

Yes, I have read about 'Roy' and admire him for his one man course, but, what I have in mind will require two of us. Female instructors are more than welcome.

If interested, let me know............homedefense09@gmail.com

Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,987 times
can anyone e-mail me his contact info? my wife and I were interested in taking the class together. Thanks so much.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,539 times
Does anyone know any info on Roy's class July 12th?? I'd like to sign up and am not sure who to get ahold of here. Or if you know of another CCW class around, that would be great. I'm looking to take a class by July 17th. Thanks for your help.....kariewilliams@live.com!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte