Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 PM

158 posts, read 466,249 times

Advertisements

Here, here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM

7 posts, read 15,393 times
Wow, I live in Waxhaw and love it. It's a great place to raise kids. You are right there is a lot of congestion during the day. Hence they are widening the road. There are plently of back roads that you can take in the meantime.

We love it here.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM

22 posts, read 46,832 times
I see pluses and minuses. I can see the OP's point, especially since they have been living here for quite some time and have seen the changes take place from what it once was, to is. I probably would feel the same way. I do agree Prov rd needs overhauled and while it's in progress of doing just that, it's not going to be completed the whole way into Waxhaw. Or is it? One day maybe? Either way, going from lots of land to developed land can be an adjustment from the OP's perspective. I personally think coming from a suburb type of upbringing, that Waxhaw is quite beautiful, though not perfect. The downtown needs MAJOR work. Want a good model? Look at Hudson, OH... Wow!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:22 PM

494 posts, read 1,349,773 times
I love Downtown Waxhaw it is adorable. I'd love to have us maintain the charm and maybe add some outdoor cafes. It'd be great for Union County to add an area that attracts money spending and hanging out for adults!!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
I love Downtown Waxhaw it is adorable. I'd love to have us maintain the charm and maybe add some outdoor cafes. It'd be great for Union County to add an area that attracts money spending and hanging out for adults!!
Agreed it's adorable just needs more to it!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaSR View Post
Agreed it's adorable just needs more to it!

I so agree...I really have no reason to drive there right now. I totally would it the main street had great restaurants...ice cream place...maybe a wine bar!!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,021 times
Quote:
I so agree...I really have no reason to drive there right now. I totally would it the main street had great restaurants...ice cream place...maybe a wine bar!!
It has restaurants now, several good ones actually. It had a great ice cream/candy store that turned into a wine bar (and coffee house and ice cream). But not enough business to keep either going.

People want things, but unless they actually come out and support them when they are actually there, then they don't stay in business long.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
It has restaurants now, several good ones actually. It had a great ice cream/candy store that turned into a wine bar (and coffee house and ice cream). But not enough business to keep either going.

People want things, but unless they actually come out and support them when they are actually there, then they don't stay in business long.

That old fashioned candy shop was my favorite!! My husband and I even had so much fun taking the kids there...so many things we hadn't seen in years. I was sad when it closed. I have eaten at a few of the already existing restaurants...to be honest, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't even know about the wine bar...it must not have been open for very long, I didn't even know about it?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
That old fashioned candy shop was my favorite!! My husband and I even had so much fun taking the kids there...so many things we hadn't seen in years. I was sad when it closed. I have eaten at a few of the already existing restaurants...to be honest, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't even know about the wine bar...it must not have been open for very long, I didn't even know about it?

Yea, the wine bar looks great inside but I haven't made the trip to go see it during bar hours. I am closer to Blakeney than Waxhaw, so it doesn't make much sense to head that direction. Especially since if we do go out, we will have a babysitter! lol

Old 03-06-2009, 02:02 AM

20 posts, read 57,447 times
Just found this forum and am looking into moving to Waxhaw from NJ. I have family in Indian Trail and a former colleague in Waxhaw, The Reserve subdivision. I'm looking at Providence Downs, a foreclosure there. Any thoughts? I have been in touch with Union Cty officials about the property, which was informative and their websites were also helpful. Thanks Freed4463
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte