Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 09:15 AM

425 posts, read 1,568,647 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My husband and I and our four girls ages 3,6,6, and 8 are making the move from PA to SC/NC boarder area by June 1st when he starts his new job. The actual move will be dependent upon when we sell our house. I have a few questions.

1) If Fort Mill is in SC why does it often come up under NC when we do new home searches

2) most people we spoke to suggested Fort mill schools are they really worth the extra money and small lots ?

3) My husband will be working in Lancaster Sc and although we were just down in December I can't recall how long it takes to get there from the Regent Park or Ballentyne area.

4) I guess we need to live in SC so this forum might not be the best place to post but seen as where we are looking is considered a Charlotte suburb I thought I would give it a shot.

Anyone have any sub-divisions we should consider in SC. We would like a 4/5 bedroom with a bonus room under $350,000 if possible. So far we have looked at Pleasant Glen-Lenar homes, Fair Oaks - Ryan homes and Madison Green K.B. Homes.

We do have an agent we are working with but there is nothing quite like word of mouth from someone living there.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 09:22 AM

4,269 posts, read 6,281,000 times
Fort Mill doesn't like to be called a suburb of Charlotte, but in effect it IS. However, it has the benefits of better schools, lower taxes, less population and less traffic congestion (although that one is a debatable with the guy that has lived in FM for 20 years and thinks current traffic levels are atrocious. *lol*).

We moved to the Fort Mill area in July and bought a house in October. It's LOVELY here and we couldn't be happier. I can definitely give you a realtor recommendation if you want - feel free to PM me if you want.

As for home developments, there are all kinds that would fit the budget you are looking at. Just keep in mind that for the "better schools" benefit you want to live in the YORK COUNTY part of Fort Mill, not the LANCASTER COUNTY side of Fort Mill. It's York County that is considered to be the better school district in Fort Mill.

PM if you want more info - I'll be happy to share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte