Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 AM

80 posts, read 200,043 times

Advertisements

Has anybody bought anything from this store? How was your experience delivery, customer service etc...? Thx!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 18,248 times
Very good experience with them. Bought a 46" Samsung LCD tv from them back in Dec. 07. Priced competitively and almost $500 lower than Best Buy and Circuit City. The salespeople are more knowledgeable as well on everything. Delivery and customer service was great. Also the price went down $400 within 3 weeks which they credited my account no questions asked. The price went down in their store as advertised but if it was cheaper in one of their competitors stores and you have proof they will honor it plus an extra 10% if I'm not mistaken.

I would recommend them over Best Buy and Circuit.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 AM

Thanks! I may buy a washer and dryer from them.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 AM

743 posts, read 2,243,285 times
I have bought several things. Overall I will go back but I have had some problems. We bought a mattress a few months ago on a Friday evening. They said it would be at the store Sunday. We went back to pick up and nothing. They made a call then told us to check back on Wednesday that the truck did not make it in. Went back Wed, nothing. Little upset by now as we already got rid of my son's old mattress and he is now sleeping on the sofa. Told us come back Friday, low and behold, NOTHING... Finally Sat is was there and they ended up giving it to us for free, but did charge us for the little Serta sheep promotional, LOL. But again I will go back because they are priced competatively compared to other stores. BTW this was the Matthews location.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
I purchased a plasma TV, washer and dryer from them with no issues. You can haggle to get a significantly better price than you would get from Best Buy or Circuit City. Probably best to get extended coverage on the washer and dryer. We got it on the GE sider loaders and needed it for the washer once. The drain got clogged but now I can unclog it myself as the repairman showed me where it clogs. No cost for service visit under extended coverage.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Overall, they seem to have good prices.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:41 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,959 times
Tried to buy a tv from them. They had the best price at the time. It was out of stock and wait was 1 week.. then 2 weeks then a month. Best Buy had it in stock and matched the price. I cancelled the order from HHGregg but it took a month to get the money back because they had to get the check sent from the HQ in Indianapolis. That took another month.

Best Buy delivered it in 1 day. A month later it was on sale at BB for even lower, I went back and they price matched that as well and gave me a refund no questions asked.

I will never shop at HH Gregg again.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM

905 posts, read 3,454,359 times
I had an issue with HHG. I was shopping for a stacking washer and dryer. I spent part of a day riding around to all the big boxes. HHG had a good price for the pair I was looking at. The following Sunday HHG had a big sale ad in the newspaper. 20% off all appliances. Great! I thought, I went back and the price on the washer and dryer had been raised almost 20%. I showed the salesman the biz card he gave me with the prices on it. He refused to honor the previous price and apply the discount. I wrote off HHG after that. I ended up at Queen City and they beat HHG's originally discounted price by almost $100.00!

On the other hand a good friend of mine was shopping for a new 42" Toshiba Regza TV. He called HHG and told them he would buy the TV out the door for $1000.00 taxes included. They accepted his offer! He was anticipating problems when he went to pick up the TV based on my experience but had none at all.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,464,840 times
My one and only experience is similar to that of Circuit City...and I'll try to put it as nicely as possible: idiots! I was on the prowl for a new home theater system at the beginning of this year. Went to HHGregg to check out a Samsung unit...one of the higher end units, nothing shabby here! The display unit had it's own end cap, big card board display sensationalizing the surround aspects...yadda yadda yadda. I push play for the demo. Nothing. Check the disc, yep, it's in there...push play. Nothing. Look at the back of the unit...ohhhh, it's not hooked up! Well that's odd for a flagship display unit to be hap-hazzardly on display. I decide to go ahead and start unraveling the rat's nest of wires and hook it up myself. About this time, the home theater department salesman comes up and offers his expertise (unbeknownst to him, I'm a bit of a theater guru and can hold my own). I let him work his magic and attempt to hook it up. After 5 minutes of waiting, he pushes play and out comes some scratchy noise that rivaled a 1900's victorian record player. Hmmmm....we wonder. He fumbles again....and again...and again...trying to mess with the wires. I finally step in and say "lemme see that, I bet I can figure it out." Turns out that he was connecting the COLOR CODED wires to the wrong outputs! Subwoofer to center channel...left rear to right front...center channel to left rear...yep, that looks good...give it a whirl!

Needless to say, I left and went to Best Buy who not only advised me that the model I wanted was being replaced the following week with a new model, but he went to the back and got the new one for me to see (coudn't buy it yet).

Old 06-25-2008, 11:32 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
I bought a washer and dryer from them when they were still family owned and they just moved to Charlotte. We have bought some other appliances from there was well. Their pricing and financing is usually good (often you can get large items with no onterest for 24 months) and everyone who we have encountered has been friendly. We really like them now since their warehouse is in Fort Mill and we are almost always their first delivery so I don't have to wait all day (though I did use their call ahead service before in Charlotte and that was good too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte