U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM

330 posts, read 705,813 times
Default Lenexa BBQ pics for Ani

Hi Ani,

The rain held out until around 10:30. Had a great time. 2 of the teams I knew placed and did quite well.

Here are some pics for you:
http://www.vitalograph.com/images/bbq/Bikes_at_Lenexa_Park.jpg (broken link)

Bikes at Lenexa Park

http://www.vitalograph.com/images/bbq/KC_Masterpiece.jpg (broken link)
http://www.inudat.com/KC_Masterpiece.jpg (broken link)
KC Masterpiece - not my favorite but had to include the picture

http://www.vitalograph.com/images/bbq/Lenexa_BBQ1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.inudat.com/Lenexa_BBQ1.jpg (broken link)http://www.vitalograph.com/images/bbq/Lenexa_BBQ2.jpg (broken link)
http://www.induat.com/Lenexa_BBQ2.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by KansasChick; 07-01-2008 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 AM

34,519 posts, read 40,050,649 times
OMGosh! You are making me so homesick for my old neighborhood, friends . . . and the BBQ Championship! Your pix are great!

I would love to figure out how to put together a BBQ championship here in CLT. Maybe do something more local, like w/ one of the smaller municipalities here . . .

I hope others will see the pix - people have these odd ideas about Kansas - like - no water, no trees, ugly, LOL. The park is so lovely and it also shows hardwood trees in the background. Reminds me a lot of Charlotte (at places). I think that is why I fell in love w/ Lenexa - it was different than NC - but also - familiar in many ways. So glad things worked out for you to be there!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 PM

330 posts, read 705,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
OMGosh! You are making me so homesick for my old neighborhood, friends . . . and the BBQ Championship! Your pix are great!

I would love to figure out how to put together a BBQ championship here in CLT. Maybe do something more local, like w/ one of the smaller municipalities here . . .

I hope others will see the pix - people have these odd ideas about Kansas - like - no water, no trees, ugly, LOL. The park is so lovely and it also shows hardwood trees in the background. Reminds me a lot of Charlotte (at places). I think that is why I fell in love w/ Lenexa - it was different than NC - but also - familiar in many ways. So glad things worked out for you to be there!
I thought of you when I was there and almost always have my camera with me. I thought you'd enjoy seeing the pictures. It is very pretty in the Lenexa/Shawnee area - especially western Shawnee. People do tend to get the wrong idea of what the Kansas City is like.

My cousin from NY/Florida came to visit awhile back and was very surprised at how pretty it was here. Of course I made sure to drive him around by the prettiest spots

I am trying to take as many pics as possible around here so I can create a photobook to look through after I move.

Finding it hard to work - I am leaving to go on a cruise tomorrow. Saw your post about the beef wellington on the food post - love food and cooking. I will definitely have to make sure and have some if they have it!

Happy early 4th!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasChick View Post
I thought of you when I was there and almost always have my camera with me. I thought you'd enjoy seeing the pictures. It is very pretty in the Lenexa/Shawnee area - especially western Shawnee. People do tend to get the wrong idea of what the Kansas City is like.

My cousin from NY/Florida came to visit awhile back and was very surprised at how pretty it was here. Of course I made sure to drive him around by the prettiest spots

I am trying to take as many pics as possible around here so I can create a photobook to look through after I move.

Finding it hard to work - I am leaving to go on a cruise tomorrow. Saw your post about the beef wellington on the food post - love food and cooking. I will definitely have to make sure and have some if they have it!

Happy early 4th!
Happy early 4th to you, too!!! And enjoy that cruise . . . and the food!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 PM

454 posts, read 812,753 times
Checked out the Peach Stand over the weekend, what a find, picked up some strawberry/rhubarb preserves, yummmmy, and some peach salsa, very good with a nice bite of jalepeno...

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Checked out the Peach Stand over the weekend, what a find, picked up some strawberry/rhubarb preserves, yummmmy, and some peach salsa, very good with a nice bite of jalepeno...
Guess I am gonna have to head to the Peach Stand - that peach salsa sounds too good to miss out on! Thanks for the recommendation, UNCGdad! (Nice to see you posting, btw!!!)

Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM

21,687 posts, read 37,059,566 times
Quote:
Checked out the Peach Stand over the weekend, what a find, picked up some strawberry/rhubarb preserves, yummmmy,
I have not had rhubarb in years.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 AM

454 posts, read 812,753 times
My pleasure Ani...The Peach Stand also had a wide selection of homemade bar-b-que sauces, and fruit pies. I may have to go back an check it out..Happy 4th...

Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
My pleasure Ani...The Peach Stand also had a wide selection of homemade bar-b-que sauces, and fruit pies. I may have to go back an check it out..Happy 4th...
Happy 4th to you, too - hope you have a really nice weekend . . .

Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,546,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
Cracker Barrels in Ohio do not have sweet tea on the menu. I lived in Ohio, Michigan and Texas and never heard of sweet tea til I came to the Carolinas. I do not know what the fascination is here with it. Yuck.

Yuck???, even as an Ohioan, I fully love drinking sweat tea, and I make it all the time. I use tea from the Charleston Tea Plantation, the only tea grown in America. I also enjoy Fried Okra, Fried Pickles, Fried Chicken, and BBQ Pulled Pork. I also enjoy Grits for breakfast, as long as there is a plenty of butter in them. The BBQ sauce that I like is Sticky Fingers, both the Carolina Sweat, and the Habanero Hot are my favorite flavors. I don't like the Vinegar based sauces as much though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte