Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,303,830 times

Advertisements

Somehow I KNEW you would have popped a Molly Pop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 01:07 PM

285 posts, read 1,068,980 times
We love Pike Nursery and always get stuff from there. A few months ago we planted a huge (5 ft) angel trumpet plant. Less than a few weeks later we had flower buds and the last 4 weeks we had huge gorgeous blush colored flowers. And cool thing is that at night the whole plant "closes" up by putting all the leaves upward to the sky and "open" up at sunrise.

Very cool! Only con is that the flowers themselves only last a few days. When the next crop of buds blossom, I will take a photo.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,166,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcharlottan View Post
We love Pike Nursery and always get stuff from there. A few months ago we planted a huge (5 ft) angel trumpet plant. Less than a few weeks later we had flower buds and the last 4 weeks we had huge gorgeous blush colored flowers. And cool thing is that at night the whole plant "closes" up by putting all the leaves upward to the sky and "open" up at sunrise.

Very cool! Only con is that the flowers themselves only last a few days. When the next crop of buds blossom, I will take a photo.
Oh, I love Angel Trumpet!!!! Do you have it in partial shade? I want one but it is very shady where I would plant it. PLEASE take pictures for us!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Here is my lemon mint . . . so glad Barb encouraged me to check a bit more . . . not a mystery plant after all, LOL!!!! I am still researching just how to make tea out of it . . .

Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 AM

I told hubby to take a photo of the trumpet flowers when they bloom and he told me he already did earlier and didn't I remember modeling my hand? LOL

So here is the photo. We have it in a morning sunny spot with afternoon shade. We originally planted it in front of our rain barrells to disguise it. It is really a gorgeous plant!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:15 AM

NEWC: What a great picture! And so smart to "model your hand" to give us a sense of proportion/size on the bloom! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The place I would put mine would be morning sun, then afternoon shade, so maybe mine would survive . . . I had wondered and hesitated . . .

Thank you so much for sharing. You surely must be enjoying your lovely trumpet flowers - what a great idea for something a bit unusual and fun to watch.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM

Only thing I am not sure of is the winters here. My dad who lives a few blocks away says he has to cut his down every fall but that it comes back in the spring. But his was never a big one like mine. Pike Nursery said that I would only have to prune the leaves but leave the stems.

So we shall see!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,897,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here is my lemon mint . . . so glad Barb encouraged me to check a bit more . . . not a mystery plant after all, LOL!!!! I am still researching just how to make tea out of it . . .

Ani, what a pretty plant. I like the delicate flowers. Let us know about the tea - how to make it and how it tastes.

If you're willing, I'll trade you a few purple passion lower seeds (ordered from Ebay) for a lemon mint plant - assuming it spreads as crazily as other mints do.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Ani, what a pretty plant. I like the delicate flowers. Let us know about the tea - how to make it and how it tastes.

If you're willing, I'll trade you a few purple passion lower seeds (ordered from Ebay) for a lemon mint plant - assuming it spreads as crazily as other mints do.
That would be great! I will do a cutting and see how it works!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,897,508 times
My tomato plants are finally starting to act like they're supposed to! I have about 25 baby to getting-ready-to-turn-red tomatoes. My husband says that I watch them like the old wife who watches the pot. He's right. On a slow day I go out to look at them at least a dozen times. Retirement is great, n'est-ce pas? (I figure that since this is Bastille Day weekend, I can throw in a little French.) Wow, that took too long - won't do it again.

Can't wait for the caprese with my own tomatoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte