Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM

158 posts, read 243,417 times

Advertisements

LOL, hey bandibadji, if obama is elected he is going to start disarming private citizens. Are you kidding me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:33 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,627,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icartp View Post
LOL, hey bandibadji, if obama is elected he is going to start disarming private citizens. Are you kidding me?
You obviously have no clue regarding Obama's track record and opinions of firearms. I suggest you do your due diligence on the matter if you own firearms.

Obama is the most liberal senator in Congress, and he will be at the forefront to dismantle the citizens of this country.

So no, it's not a joke.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,972,509 times
Quote:

Obama is a big time anti gunner. So, I don't think he is kidding.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:49 AM

158 posts, read 243,417 times
so i guess we should vote for Mcain so our young men and women soldiers can continue to lose their live for an unjust war. Mcain is the alternative, he wants to continue George Bush's policies, those policies are destroying this country. The economy is one of the reasons "criminals" are commiting crimes. Criminals break into your homes and take your flat screen televisions so they can sell and make money because they don't have jobs. That is why you feel you need guns to protect yourselves and your homes. Young American men and women, young soldiers are coming back home with limbs missing, they are getting blown into bits and pieces fighting an unjust war and you think it is more important to own guns. No one person or president will be able to get rid of "our rights to bare arms", Obama will not be able to do that. But he will be able to bring our soldiers home and continue the war against terrorism in Afghanistan...

Old 06-28-2008, 07:52 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,437,666 times
Please don't reply to the political crap. This is a good thread so far and it would be a shame to see it deleted because someone can't keep their political yard signs out of the forum.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:13 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,772,440 times
I'm kind of late on this thread, but I would strongly suggest Ed's Gun Shop in Vass, NC. Ed's Gun Shop I buy all my firearms there and they are far more reasonable than any of the "Clip Joints" in this area. It's a nice drive about 2 hours to get there if you have the time, if not when they come down for any of the Gun Shows in this area they will bring your firearm with them and you can get it locally.

In my many years in this area I haven't been able to find more friendly, helpful people.

Happy Shooting!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,846,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
I have never heard of that before.... is that just in North Carolina? it seems thats an interesting loophole if it's true.
In Florida (I assume it is the same in N.C.) all newly purchased handguns are recorded. These records are maintained in a system that is accessible anywhere in the world. The only thing that law abiding citizens need to worry about is that someday having to disarm by order of the state or Fed. Govt. If the government has a record of your weapon, your will be required to surrender it. If you have a registered handgun and wish to avoid having to surrender it in the future, the following is an example of how to do so: Run an ad in the newspaper to sell your pistol. Don't really sell it. If it ever comes to the situation where you are asked to surrender it, tell the authorities that you sold it and produce the ad. Nothing requires that a bill of sell be initiated. I mentioned earlier some ways to avoid registration. It is needless to say that criminals have hundreds of thousands of guns that are not registered and always will. It is insane that there would ever be restrictions on "non-criminals" owning personal handguns for personal security. I am not some anti-govt. wacko. I just want to make sure that my family is safe from those that wish to cause harm. I don't even belong to the NRA. I believe that is another audit trail.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:51 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,846,339 times
Quote:
so i guess we should vote for Mcain so our young men and women soldiers can continue to lose their live for an unjust war. Mcain is the alternative, he wants to continue George Bush's policies, those policies are destroying this country. The economy is one of the reasons "criminals" are commiting crimes. Criminals break into your homes and take your flat screen televisions so they can sell and make money because they don't have jobs. That is why you feel you need guns to protect yourselves and your homes. Young American men and women, young soldiers are coming back home with limbs missing, they are getting blown into bits and pieces fighting an unjust war and you think it is more important to own guns. No one person or president will be able to get rid of "our rights to bare arms", Obama will not be able to do that. But he will be able to bring our soldiers home and continue the war against terrorism in Afghanistan...
Aren't you mixing apples and oranges? You are bringing in issues that are not pertinent to this thread. Vote for whomever you wish. That is the right of every citizen.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,930,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Please don't reply to the political crap. This is a good thread so far and it would be a shame to see it deleted because someone can't keep their political yard signs out of the forum.
thanks....

Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,280,003 times
moderator note:

for those who want to talk political instead of answering the original poster question Please read the terms of service regarding political discussion.
Comprende.

Thank you to those who took advantage of the report post feature when a poster oviously is taking a thread off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
I am looking for a gun shop in Charlotte or the surrounding area that has a good selection of used pistols, as well as good service.

Specifically, I am looking for a Smith And Wesson 642 Snub Nose .38.

Any suggestions, or anybody with one that they want to sell?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-28-2008 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte