Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:58 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
It was probably still cool "years back." Today piercings and tattoos are a very cliche, conformist way to express "individuality."
Sorry but that's BS. I'm thinking that you don't have any tattoos. If you did then you might have a clue as to how much pain is involved in getting one. Cliche? Conformist?

Quote:
It seems like everyone my age or younger has "art" or plans to purchase some. What kills me is the poor quality of most tattoos. I can't imagine being stuck with an image that looks like it was drawn by a drunk Marvel comic book artist!
So your peers have art? So what? Badly done tattoos can be covered up or lasered off. Many younger people don't know who the best artists are & they have to buy within their budgets. There are plenty of resources out there to find the best artist in your area, look at their portfolios & meet to discuss a custom design versus a piece of flash off a shop wall.

Quote:
There is going to a HUGE demand for this in coming years.
Doubtful... Most people don't regret getting their tattoos & have no plans to remove them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
If I were to get a tattoo, I would most likely go to Kat Von D's shop. I'll just settle for a good ole "tattoo" tee, easily removed at the end of the day.

*****kat von d***** Tattoos***** (http://www.katvond.net/tattoos.php - broken link)

I had been tossing around the idea of getting one of the more iconic Grateful Dead logos...the skull and roses, the skull and lightning bolt, possibly the image on the back of the Terrapin Station album or front of Blues for Allah (the skeleton playing the fiddle). I'd have to put it high up the arm so it wouldn't show on any work dress down type of days. When you think of actually having to hide it, it kind of defeats the purpose of even getting one. Even worse is that it would be a Grateful Dead image. That alone tends to be strike one and strike two.

Plus I have a thing against needles.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:43 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
If I were to get one, I would have to go with a really cool sun of some sort. But where to put it? Tramp stamp is definately out.

I did get a cool tribal dolphin henna tattoo around my ankle once, it lasted for a week and I was good with that.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:44 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
If I were to get a tattoo, I would most likely go to Kat Von D's shop. I'll just settle for a good ole "tattoo" tee, easily removed at the end of the day.

*****kat von d***** Tattoos***** (http://www.katvond.net/tattoos.php - broken link)
The girl who did my tattoo works there now, she is originally from Ohio and I knew her so she gave me a great deal. She's the blonde, if you can guess who that is

Old 06-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I had been tossing around the idea of getting one of the more iconic Grateful Dead logos...the skull and roses, the skull and lightning bolt, possibly the image on the back of the Terrapin Station album or front of Blues for Allah (the skeleton playing the fiddle). I'd have to put it high up the arm so it wouldn't show on any work dress down type of days. When you think of actually having to hide it, it kind of defeats the purpose of even getting one. Even worse is that it would be a Grateful Dead image. That alone tends to be strike one and strike two.

Plus I have a thing against needles.
I don't like needles either Brian, but here's some motivation for you. This is one of my backpieces.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
The girl who did my tattoo works there now, she is originally from Ohio and I knew her so she gave me a great deal. She's the blonde, if you can guess who that is
Oh yeah, I remember when Kat flew out to convince her to join the shop in LA.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I don't like needles either Brian, but here's some motivation for you. This is one of my backpieces.

That works....

Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Those look great!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Those look great!
Thanks! Most of them were done at Immortal Images by Steve Huntsberry & a few of the others were done by Haley Lakeman, a guest artist at Fu's. There are a lot more photos in my profile.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:53 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Nice work, Owl!

Tom Michaels at Fu's did my work:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte