Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 21,834 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Just trying to ping all south asians out in charlotte area, i am thinking of moving to charlotte and want to see what you have to say about your city.

Thanks,
desi30
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 06:05 AM

5 posts, read 52,987 times
Desi30

I am also moving to NC charlotte in august. Trying to find desi areas to live but i am not getting any pings. did you try ncdesi.com May be you will get lucky

simi

Old 06-21-2007, 06:28 AM

67 posts, read 301,131 times
hey, I am in Charlotte for more then 2 yrs. If you are looking for desis there are a lot of them here. I just bought a house in university area and there are lot of folks from india in the sub division. My advice: come over and rent first for 6 months and then buy. Browse through this forum, It rocks

Old 06-21-2007, 06:31 AM

15 posts, read 78,472 times
They are scattered all around Charlotte. PM me if you want to know about specific area.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 AM

Default moving to charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaggarwal View Post
hey, I am in Charlotte for more then 2 yrs. If you are looking for desis there are a lot of them here. I just bought a house in university area and there are lot of folks from india in the sub division. My advice: come over and rent first for 6 months and then buy. Browse through this forum, It rocks
Hi is this university area safe? I am moving with my 6year old from PA in end of July and looking for desi community. Can you suggest some apartments near the university area Will really appreciate it

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njreddy View Post
They are scattered all around Charlotte. PM me if you want to know about specific area.
Yes please I want to live in predominately desi area. i was checking out Colonial grand at mallard creek? Is this a nice area.

thanks

simi

(simis21@yahoo.com)

Old 06-21-2007, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,161 times
Default How About Belmont Area

Are there Desi's in Belmont Area, I am planning to move some time in August, as my work place is in Kings Mountain, NC. Any other suggestions on city where Desi's are in West side of Charlotte.

I don't want to be on the south side as the compute will kill me.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM

67 posts, read 301,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidmin View Post
Yes please I want to live in predominately desi area. i was checking out Colonial grand at mallard creek? Is this a nice area.

thanks

simi

(simis21@yahoo.com)
I am not sure. But overall this area is safe and decent. I live in Lodges and it is OK OK. Although there is autam park and few more complexes. Although There are stray instances of violence. Check the county site.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi30 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just trying to ping all south asians out in charlotte area, i am thinking of moving to charlotte and want to see what you have to say about your city.

Thanks,
desi30
Hi guys,

Ive got a question. What does DESI stand for? I have been racking my brain to try and figure that one out. I've been around the world but this is a new one to me. Thanks

Old 06-21-2007, 11:47 AM

15 posts, read 78,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Hi guys,

Ive got a question. What does DESI stand for? I have been racking my brain to try and figure that one out. I've been around the world but this is a new one to me. Thanks
It usually means person from my Homeland. "DES" stands for country
DESI -- person from my country.

Here is an excerpt from wikipedia

Desi, literally means "local, regional" or "indigenous", as opposed to videshi meaning "foreign". The term is used to refer to people or things of South Asian origin.

Desi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte