U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 PM

45 posts, read 232,348 times
Default Body Modification crowd ???

What is the body modification crowd like in North Carolina in general and in Charlotte in particular? Is the people in Charlotte into tattoos & piercings and how liberal it is over there? I'm coming from Kansas city, MO and the tattoo industry is getting so saturated now but the work/skills is nothing to be proud of. I want to move to somewhere that is liberal and artsy ...tattoo wise, it gotta be artistic, not just a bunch of konji symbol or butterfly or fairies in your body ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM

44,328 posts, read 54,810,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy007 View Post
What is the body modification crowd like in North Carolina in general and in Charlotte in particular? Is the people in Charlotte into tattoos & piercings and how liberal it is over there? I'm coming from Kansas city, MO and the tattoo industry is getting so saturated now but the work/skills is nothing to be proud of. I want to move to somewhere that is liberal and artsy ...tattoo wise, it gotta be artistic, not just a bunch of konji symbol or butterfly or fairies in your body ...
So THAT'S what it's called, LOL, "body modification"? Well, you learn something new every day!

Seems to me everyone and his brother have tatoos these days - they are getting more mainstream all the time. Howver, Charlotte is basically a pretty conservative city - though a very friendly accepting one - just don't expect to find places so readily like the French Quarter in New Orleans, the Florida Keys or Seattle here. You would have to visit and check out the different vibes around the city to see if you could find your niche - most people seem to be able to.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:15 PM

ya ..or body mod in short ...hmmm ...there seems to be quite a few tatoo shops in Charlotte and they have good portfolios, so I just wonder you know, statastically, how many people have tattoos and how big they go for it ..thats all ..It's not like I have tattoos or piercings everywhere anyway ...but it s good to hear Charlotte is a friendly city ..:-)

Old 06-27-2008, 01:22 PM

11,764 posts, read 17,950,291 times
I have a dragon that starts on my left shin & runs all the way up my left thigh.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM

thats a big one Bark ...if you don't mind I ask how much you pay for it ..I once look at a website of a shop that asks for 150/hour ..and I was like "whoa" ...and people still book appointments left and right ...

Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 PM

11,764 posts, read 17,950,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy007 View Post
thats A Big One Bark ...if You Don't Mind I Ask How Much You Pay For It ..
$3000

Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 PM

4,508 posts, read 5,320,270 times
You might like to visit Ashville. They seem to be a bit more 'liberal and artsy'. Last time I was there we saw plenty of modified bodies. We see some here too...but not the same kinds of modifications...I have to tell DH not to stare and wait until we get to the car before he asks 'Were those real?'

Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,970,391 times
Oops, I thought this was going to be a thread about loosing weight and getting in shape...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 AM

3,066 posts, read 6,989,686 times
That's ok. I thought it was about plastic surgery.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Oops, I thought this was going to be a thread about loosing weight and getting in shape...

Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 AM

1,559 posts, read 440,351 times
I wasn't sure what it was....thats why I looked!

Its funny my DH calls it Body Mutilation (in a joking sense).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte