Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
just blame it on all the damn yankees movin down here.
And Carolina Guy thinks he needs a flame retardent suit?? Remind me not to stand near you for awhile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
And Carolina Guy thinks he needs a flame retardent suit?? Remind me not to stand near you for awhile!
hahaha.......

Old 06-30-2008, 12:34 PM

285 posts, read 1,071,784 times
My pet peeve other than the dings in parking lots are when I am pulling out of a spot and will be 1/2 way out, walkers instead of waiting, will step behind my vehicle forcing me to stop!

People. you weren't there a minute ago and could you wait a minute?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM

628 posts, read 2,077,677 times
My new car too has a nice door ding in it!! You can blame Northerners, SUV's, Southerners, whomever you like too however, the dent is still there!!! Too many people are soooooo self absorbed they don't realize or care that they damage someone else's property. Unfortunatly, it's just the way our society is becoming.

On the other hand, Charlotte really has the most ridiculous parking lots ever!!! Whoever designed some of these lots should be shot!!! For example Blakeney, it's a freaking maze with all sorts of little roads and stop signs and tiny parking spots! Another lot is my favorite Starbucks on the corner of 521 and Ballantyne Commons, Could you fit anymore spots in there..SHEESH!! You can hardly fit a Mini in one of those spots forget about a full size vehicle. Lastly, we can go to Stonecrest....what's with the roads going right through the center of the parking lots (which are parallel to more roads in the parking lot) I don't even know how to describe it however, I think they are probably confusing to someone that has never been there before. What ever happened to the days of a normal parking lot, with nice wide parking spots and open areas???

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
My new car too has a nice door ding in it!! You can blame Northerners, SUV's, Southerners, whomever you like too however, the dent is still there!!! Too many people are soooooo self absorbed they don't realize or care that they damage someone else's property. Unfortunatly, it's just the way our society is becoming.

On the other hand, Charlotte really has the most ridiculous parking lots ever!!! Whoever designed some of these lots should be shot!!! For example Blakeney, it's a freaking maze with all sorts of little roads and stop signs and tiny parking spots! Another lot is my favorite Starbucks on the corner of 521 and Ballantyne Commons, Could you fit anymore spots in there..SHEESH!! You can hardly fit a Mini in one of those spots forget about a full size vehicle. Lastly, we can go to Stonecrest....what's with the roads going right through the center of the parking lots (which are parallel to more roads in the parking lot) I don't even know how to describe it however, I think they are probably confusing to someone that has never been there before. What ever happened to the days of a normal parking lot, with nice wide parking spots and open areas???
DH and I were so surprised when we moved here from KCMO - we thought at first is was just an anomaly in a few parking lots. They were so close together!!! Then we realized - someone has decided to cram cars into these parking decks, too! Very discouraging. So you are not the only one wondering what happened to "normal" parking spaces!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Talk about parking...what I find horrible is that in our parking deck...people park in the handicapped spaces even though they are not handicapped. They think just because it is gated that CMPD can't enter...wrong...I saw 4 cars with parking tickets on them this weekend...it is inconsiderate to do such...especially when there are guest spaces on the top. They deserve the big ticket they receive. I know people have complained about them parking there...glad to see CMPD is writing them tickets.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
I feel your pain! My first (and only) brand new car (a 1989 black honda prelude) was scratched from one end to the other and I had had it less than 6 months at the time!

The closest grocery store to me is the Morrocroft Harris Teeter but I drive past two other grocery stores to shop just so I don't have to park in that horrible parking lot. The spaces are so small they should be for motorcycles!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:00 PM

870 posts, read 3,527,365 times
The spots are small because of city zoning rules. Every center must have so many spots per square foot of shopping area. The centers and stores with outparcels take up much of the land so the spots have to be smaller to fit into zoning rules.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:13 PM

755 posts, read 2,492,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcharlottan View Post
My pet peeve other than the dings in parking lots are when I am pulling out of a spot and will be 1/2 way out, walkers instead of waiting, will step behind my vehicle forcing me to stop!

People. you weren't there a minute ago and could you wait a minute?
No. Pedestrians have the right of way. You need to yield.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM

228 posts, read 910,506 times
Just because pedestrians have the right of way doesn't mean you should walk behind a car that is backing up, that's just silly. Good way to get yourself ran over. It's kind of like walking into an intersection without looking... that never ends pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte