Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:56 AM

469 posts, read 890,820 times

Advertisements

I think that's probably typical LLN. I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing 5 would want is for my PCP to have access to my records while hospitalized
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 464 times
We just found a doc who does not have hospital affiliation. He was highly recommended by people we trust. But he may be a little out of favour with hospitals at this point in time (and they may be a little out of favour with him) because he believes in prevention first over medication. He might tend to send you to the natural food store for healthy supplements with no adverse side effects before prescribing dangerous drugs you don't need. This is not true for most doctors who tend to do everything they are told in order to leverage themselves into the most privileged positions with the greatest profit for themselves. The higher up you go in the American Medical establishment, the more you are ruled over by the big pharmaceutical corporations.

Brokensky, you say Hazel's post has misinformation, but you did not specify. Your response contains misinformation:
"Docs need to have privileges at the hospital where they admit. I don't understand what you mean about docs who are non-affiliated with hospitals - as that just doesn't happen. Docs establish a relationship with at least one hospital."
In fact, it does happen. My doctor has no affiliation. Neither did my old doctor, now retired, who was outstanding throughout his long career.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:30 PM

334 posts, read 290,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post

Docs need to have privileges at the hospital where they admit. I don't understand what you mean about docs who are non-affiliated with hospitals - as that just doesn't happen. Docs establish a relationship with at least one hospital.

Not so. I sought out doctors when I left the care of one. One office was an Urgent Care office (I didn't know that it was a UC until I got there). The doctor was affiliated with neither system and did not have rights to do any sort of practice in either Atrium or Novant.

There's also a wrinkle regarding the ability to write or transmit prescriptions, something that I don't quite understand. Ask about that.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:30 PM

29 posts, read 21,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmac64 View Post
We just found a doc who does not have hospital affiliation. He was highly recommended by people we trust. But he may be a little out of favour with hospitals at this point in time (and they may be a little out of favour with him) because he believes in prevention first over medication. He might tend to send you to the natural food store for healthy supplements with no adverse side effects before prescribing dangerous drugs you don't need. This is not true for most doctors who tend to do everything they are told in order to leverage themselves into the most privileged positions with the greatest profit for themselves. The higher up you go in the American Medical establishment, the more you are ruled over by the big pharmaceutical corporations.

Brokensky, you say Hazel's post has misinformation, but you did not specify. Your response contains misinformation:
"Docs need to have privileges at the hospital where they admit. I don't understand what you mean about docs who are non-affiliated with hospitals - as that just doesn't happen. Docs establish a relationship with at least one hospital."
In fact, it does happen. My doctor has no affiliation. Neither did my old doctor, now retired, who was outstanding throughout his long career.
Could you please give us his name?

Old 01-22-2019, 06:08 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,252,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I got a note about six months ago that said that I would no longer see my doc in the hospital, but I would see a hospitalist from the practice. Still affiliated with my doc, but not my doc. To me, that is nothing. I would not worry about it. It ain't like the old days. My doc hardly ever saw me, even when he admitted me.

Several years ago, I met a young man who was studying to become a hospitalist. He was quite pleased with this new way of treating because it meant there was always someone within the hospital to keep an eye on the patient. At the same time, he had to stay in touch with each patient's PCP. They kept each other informed about the patient and made decisions based on their discussions.

It sounded good sitting at a Christmas party dinner table. I hope it works out well. The medical world and its way of practicing has changed so much that I find it difficult to deal with it. That's life. We adapt or ..... what?

One thing I know, though. I want doctors who keep the patient involved in their discussions and decisions. As adults we have that right -- I think. This is not always happening now. 'nuf said.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM

164 posts, read 188,250 times
I've used Dr. Garcia's office for three years and have been very, very happy. Not only do I think that the doctor is great, he also has extremely knowledgeable Nurse Practitioners and Physicians Assistants on staff that I've seen. I'd highly recommend his practice.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:29 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,252,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I got a note about six months ago that said that I would no longer see my doc in the hospital, but I would see a hospitalist from the practice. Still affiliated with my doc, but not my doc. To me, that is nothing. I would not worry about it. It ain't like the old days. My doc hardly ever saw me, even when he admitted me.

As someone else said, so much has changed. And this is one of those changes. I went to a local hospital. My own doctor never came to the hospital. I don't know if they were hospitalists but the doctors who handled my case kept in touch with my own doctor and sent him reports of what went on throughout. It is one of the few changes I really see good in. It certainly cuts down on patients with specific appointment times having to sit in his waiting room - sometimes an hour, sometimes several hours past their appointment times - waiting for doctor to get in from his hospital visits.

An addendum: This does not mean your own doctor can not come to the hospital to see you. It only means he can stay in his office and handle things the new way. A neighbor told me her doctor came daily. I can also see his point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte