Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,364 times

Advertisements

We went on a house hunting trip to Charlotte this weekend and it was beautiful! We saw several homes that we loved in Weddington Chase neighborhood (Union Co.). First, I was wondering if anyone was familiar with that area and what you thought of it. Second, it seemed like there were an awful lot of homes for sale in there, particularly near the new town rd entrance. Our realtor didn't know about anything going on that would cause that, she thought it was just coincidence, but we are a little nervous and wanted to look into it further. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:45 PM

35 posts, read 89,405 times
This subdivison is several years old and turnover should be expected at this point

Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,172 times
There is a major league shopping center scheduled to be built right adjacent to where you are speaking of. It supposed to be beautiful with lots of green space and water features. Lat Purser is the developer and I believe it is named New Town Gardens If you wish to research it. That may be a reason.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:56 PM

148 posts, read 467,770 times
It is a beautiful neighborhood with gorgeous walking trails and nice facilities. There is some concern for the houses that back to the new shopping center. No worries for the other homes. Great quality homes, nice neighbors, and the shopping center will make it an even more convenient location.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 AM

3 posts, read 9,364 times
Default Too close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West&East View Post
It is a beautiful neighborhood with gorgeous walking trails and nice facilities. There is some concern for the houses that back to the new shopping center. No worries for the other homes. Great quality homes, nice neighbors, and the shopping center will make it an even more convenient location.
Maybe that's the problem then, because the street we were looking on would have been the first left coming in the new town entrance. I think it was called Westmont. I wouldn't choose one where I backed up to New Town but I wonder if it would be a problem across the street or if it would still be loud.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:47 AM

158 posts, read 411,365 times
WE looked there too. It seems great. I didn't know about the shopping center, but it will be a plus if you are not living right onto it. Did you look at Providence Downs?

Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
Default Weddington Chase is a great place for a family

My wife and our two children have lived in Weddington Chase for 3 years (moved from Washington DC) It is truly a great place, from the beautiful wooded areas (walking trails, pond, etc), the facilities (pool, basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball area), and people. We are in the process of moving (relocating with my company) back to DC. We live deeper in the neighbhorhood back on Stonehaven (absolutely no through traffic, no sounds from Providence Rd. or New Town) and we just placed it on the market. If you are truly interested in a great family neighborhood come and check it out. Come and check it out Allen Tate Family of Companies (http://www.allentate.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?pageid=11&pagealias=ListingDet ail&ListingID=1184446&ListingPosition=7&From=Quick Search - broken link)

But don't take it from me, ask around throughout the neighborhood. And if my home model is not to your liking (Windsor model - approx 5,000 sq ft) then some other home in the neighborhood might work for you. The neighborhood is that great. If you have any specific questions about the neighborhood feel free to email me at bo_elam1@yahoo.com.

Good Luck.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 PM

338 posts, read 896,723 times
I am new to Charlotte but have researched developments quite extensively. I think that WC is extraordinary and offers tremendous value.

It's more wooded than many upscale developments (e.g., Marvin Creek has hardly any trees) and is in a beautiful location. The only drawback is the horrible commercial property across the street on Providence Road. It would be nice if that eyesore is redeveloped.

Also, I think that WC is Weiland's masterpiece. I finally visited Brookhaven and found the huge power towers there to be depressing. To me, WC is much nicer.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:55 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
I am new to Charlotte but have researched developments quite extensively. I think that WC is extraordinary and offers tremendous value.

It's more wooded than many upscale developments (e.g., Marvin Creek has hardly any trees) and is in a beautiful location. The only drawback is the horrible commercial property across the street on Providence Road. It would be nice if that eyesore is redeveloped.

Also, I think that WC is Weiland's masterpiece. I finally visited Brookhaven and found the huge power towers there to be depressing. To me, WC is much nicer.
As someone who lives in Brookhaven, you only see the power lines as you drive up Antioch Church toward Brookhaven. I agree that when I first drove to the neighborhood, I didn't like the sight of them at all. But, from 99% of the neighborhood you can't see them - only the new section across Antioch can see them. And, if you go in the back entrance, you never see them at all. Ballantyne has the same thing, and now that it is developed, no one ever comments on them!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:38 AM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post

Bridgemill is another JW neighboorhood. Check that out too. It is in SC, but a few minutes up 521 and you are in Ballantyne!

Also Bridgehampton, is a nice too and 5 minutes closer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte