U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2008, 06:36 AM

40 posts, read 97,322 times
Default Wheatgrass Juice

Hi There,
Does anyone know where I can find a place that sells fresh wheatgrass or wheatgrass juice? Like a whole foods supermarket or something like it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:23 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,920,967 times
Not sure, but I would imagine either EarthFare or Fresh Market would be your best bet. Maybe some of the local places, too, like the Home Economist?
As far as I know, there aren't any Whole Foods in Charlotte yet.
Wheatgrass...haven't had any since I lived in Boulder!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:50 AM

4,732 posts, read 12,918,571 times
Smmothie King and Earth Fare.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:03 PM

168 posts, read 301,921 times
Default Wheat Grass Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Jayzz View Post
Hi There,
Does anyone know where I can find a place that sells fresh wheatgrass or wheatgrass juice? Like a whole foods supermarket or something like it? Thanks!

Hi,
I saw trays of wheatgrass for sale in Earthfare for $22.00 a tray.
Also Robeks juice/smoothie store (off providence road in a mall)
sells me a tray for 23.00 plus tax.I purchase it from him. See Bob the owner.
I am looking for sunflower sprouts also, I can't seem to find them. I might try and grow some myself. Harris Teeter sells a 4oz container for 2.39 if your in a pinch!
Good luck

Old 05-19-2009, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 6,392 times
You can buy locally grown organic (non-certified) wheatgrass in bulk during May from Five Trees Farm at [url=http://www.fivetreesfarm.com]Five Trees Farm[/url]

Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 AM

363 posts, read 573,300 times
There is a place in Shelby called (I am not making this up) Hallelujah Acres, and they have a store that sells that stuff. The people in there are a bit on the odd side, however.

Hallelujah Acres Diet & Lifestyle® Official Site: The Natural, Biblical Diet (http://www.hacres.com/home/home.asp - broken link)

Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 AM

3,050 posts, read 6,749,139 times
I would actually really like to go to their place for a meal. They used to have a store here in Ballantyne that offered classes and such, but they closed it.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
There is a place in Shelby called (I am not making this up) Hallelujah Acres, and they have a store that sells that stuff. The people in there are a bit on the odd side, however.

Hallelujah Acres Diet & Lifestyle® Official Site: The Natural, Biblical Diet (http://www.hacres.com/home/home.asp - broken link)

Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM

363 posts, read 573,300 times
The food is not bad. Their location is only a couple of miles from where I work, so occasionally I stop in for the salad bark, which usually has a hot item (such as veg soup, black bean burritos, etc.) that are pretty good. And, very interesting people - not the earthy-crunchy type you would expect at a natural/organic food place.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM

21,685 posts, read 37,039,790 times
New Poster:
Spoiler
Recommendations
are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts.

One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte