U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:10 PM

115 posts, read 521,935 times

Advertisements

Moved here last year from Chicago where I listened to Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio every day?! When I couldn't find it whn I got here, I was discouraged, but got used to the Franchise on AM610. However, this morning Mike & Mike was on AM610, which was awesome! Not sure is it was because the guys normally on AM610 are on vacation and they decided to broadcast Mike & Mike? It one of the premier morning sports shows nationally so I'm surprised it's not on the air, unless of course I can't find the station...

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 03:58 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,746,645 times
Hmm, I thought they were on in the mornings? I don't listen often but swore I heard the Mike&Mike show...maybe the programming has changed? Always orbital radio!

Old 07-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,266,103 times
Here's the NC affiliates for the Mike and Mike show:

LENOIR, NC WKGX-AM 1080 CHARLOTTE
FAYETTEVILLE, NC WCIE-AM 1450 FAYETTEVILLE
CANTON, NC WYSE-AM 970 GREENVILL-SPRTNBRG-ASHVL-ANDERSN
ASHEVILLE, NC WISE-AM 1310 GREENVILLE
RALEIGH, NC WTSB-AM 1090 RALEIGH
ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC WCBT-AM 1230 RALEIGH-DURHAM
ROCKY MOUNT, NC WRMT-AM 1490 RALEIGH-DURHAM
DURHAM, NC WDUR-AM 1490 RALEIGH-DURHAM
DURHAM, NC WDNC-AM 620 RALEIGH-DURHAM-WILMINGTON
WILMINGTON, NC WMFD-AM 630 WILMINGTON

Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM

529 posts, read 1,800,064 times
610 only runs it when the boys from The Morning Sports Page are on vacation. I love 610, but if you are looking for M&M, you will need Sirus or XM.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,625,967 times
I enjoy the Page in the morning on FNZ. Its not great, but Gary's pretty funny and knowledgable, Jim's a moron though...

Mike and Mike are horrible IMO......I guess I was spoiled coming from the NY area and listening to the sports talk up there...

Old 07-07-2008, 07:53 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,051,200 times
Sirius has them on every morning..... I love my satellite radio because I am sick of all of the car dealerships commericals every morning whether it's on the TV or the radio..it's worth the small price that I pay every month!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 PM

2,359 posts, read 3,406,359 times
I refuse to listen to WFNZ, b/c of how often that station rips my Ohio State Buckeyes. I don't know if they have an inferiority complex towards them b/c they are such a better school in football than any other local school is or they just want to **** off all of us Ohioans down here, but they rip on them enough. Plus, most of the time, they have no clue what they are talking about. Thank god, I have Sirius, so I can listen to ESPN radio.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 AM

474 posts, read 1,593,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I refuse to listen to WFNZ, b/c of how often that station rips my Ohio State Buckeyes. I don't know if they have an inferiority complex towards them b/c they are such a better school in football than any other local school is or they just want to **** off all of us Ohioans down here, but they rip on them enough. Plus, most of the time, they have no clue what they are talking about. Thank god, I have Sirius, so I can listen to ESPN radio.
It's because you're in the south and on the edge of SEC country and the Buckeyes haven't exactly dominated against the SEC, if you know what I mean.....

Old 07-08-2008, 06:27 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,625,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
BKQC hit the nail on the head.

OSU is a good team but face it, when they step up in competition (ie play the schools from the SEC) they fall flat on their face.

Also, your in the South. Do you really expect much love down here for the Big Ten?

The talk show hosts are just rubbing it in rightly so.

I'm a Mets/Jets fan. How do you think I felt listening to talk radio in NYC being the red headed step child to the Yankees and NY Giants? Sure, I hate to hear some of the putdowns to my teams, but until we win a title, I can't say anything....

Listen, I have no dog in this fight because I don't care one way or the other about either conference.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 AM

284 posts, read 529,710 times
As a Florida alum, I'll refrain from ripping on OSU because after all, OSU is essentially a wholly owned subsidiary of UF at this point. Whoops, maybe I just ripped them. Sorry!

I listen to Mike and Mike almost every morning taking my son to school - I have XM, which came with my Tahoe but I pay $13/month for the subscription. More than worth every penny, and I haven't listed to AM or FM much since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or