Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 03:16 PM

124 posts, read 360,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurey25 View Post
My wife and I moved to the Charlotte area last August from Long Island, NY and we love the people and the area we live in. The one thing we did miss was good pizza. Over the past year we've been following up on advice from others but we've been disappointed with all of the pizza places we've sampled. We live in Indian Trail and there's no end to the number of restaurants throughout the Charlotte area claiming to serve NY pizza. But none of them was particularly good.... they all seem to lack something. In every case the pizza crust is tasteless and the pizza sauce tastes like it's mass-produced and fresh out of the can. A little over a week ago we found the real McCoy. If you are looking for great pizza and other great Italian dishes try Mamas Pizza in Mint Hill.
I did not know how I was going to survive when I left NY without my pizza and it was a struggle until I found that "Cosco"'s pizza was so close to Ny's that I thought I was in heaven and I sneak in there every once in a while. If you don't have a card you just tell them you are going to the pharmacy and they flag you in. Sometime I do go to the pharmacy and that justifies my visit for the time being.I am assuming all Cosco's are the same. I am in VA but moving to CLT soon and hope so Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 03:50 PM

11 posts, read 41,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibyroll22 View Post
Oh my gosh you read my mind!!!!! I'm a New Yorker as well and have been desperately looking for a goooood pizza place (>_<) Now try finding a good chinese food place.
I found a really good (actually its excellent) chinese take out named Dragon Garden located at 13803 Highway 74 East, Indian Trail, NC 28079. IMO the food is exceptional. No matter how many times we've ordered from this place or introduced others to this place there's never been a disappointment. Give it a try. It's not much of a sit down restaurant unless you are on the go and not trying to impress someone but it is great carry out.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:47 PM

11 posts, read 41,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralsand2 View Post
I did not know how I was going to survive when I left NY without my pizza and it was a struggle until I found that "Cosco"'s pizza was so close to Ny's that I thought I was in heaven and I sneak in there every once in a while. If you don't have a card you just tell them you are going to the pharmacy and they flag you in. Sometime I do go to the pharmacy and that justifies my visit for the time being.I am assuming all Cosco's are the same. I am in VA but moving to CLT soon and hope so Good Luck
I previously lived in Virginia as well. I also lived for a time in Pennsylvania, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Maryland, and Iceland. I can't even count the number of places throughout the U.S. and overseas that I've worked in for weeks at a time or visited for days at a time. The one comfort food that I always have a desire for is good Pizza (preferably NY Style done to my taste). All I'm saying in this email is that Mama's fits that bill and I threw the information out there for anyone who's interested to try it out. IMO it's good pizza especially the Grandma's Pizza. I think you will find that Charlotte is a great city with great people and good food and you should have little difficulty adjusting to this well rounded and friendly city. Personally, I can't think of anything you will want that you won't be able to find here.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,269,642 times
Quote:
I did not know how I was going to survive when I left NY without my pizza and it was a struggle until I found that "Cosco"'s pizza was so close to Ny's...
Seriously, you have got to be kidding...

Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 PM

260 posts, read 673,386 times
Thanks for the info. I will remember that for when we move to Charlotte in a few months. I am from Long Island as well. How are things going for both of you?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:35 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,645,705 times
Quote:
I did not know how I was going to survive when I left NY without my pizza and it was a struggle until
Running the risk of "no personal attacks" I am sooooooooooo glad you no longer can call yourself a New Yorker. You and the other one ....that BTW can't even spell the name of the store correctly. It's

C O S T C O wholesale.

Any leftover pizza you have you can use to PASTE pictures in your scrapbook of your move to CLT. Oy Vey, this is getting to me.
je

Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,414,398 times
Default Rofl

Quote:
+1

This post just made this whole boring thread totally worthwhile!!

Old 07-13-2008, 07:26 PM

810 posts, read 2,284,288 times
Quote:
NO....You just didn't say that...did you?

Old 07-13-2008, 07:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,302,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
NO....You just didn't say that...did you?

OMG I think they did...I was going to say is this person for real???????

Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,724,892 times
My new favorite pizza place is Due Amici near Highland Creek. I'm not from NY, but it reminds me most of NY type pizza. Some of you Northeasterners might like it...

Due Amici Pizza
5346 Prosperity Church Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte