U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm051 View Post
I'm kind of addicted to the meatloaf and salisbury steak!
You and my DH, too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM

630 posts, read 1,674,481 times
Thats fantastic. I've cleared out shelves before of things that were on sale so I say good for you.

I used to work at a supermarket and people would get cases of things on sale. Soup and whatnot. Next time though if possible you might want to look into taking whole cases if you like enough of 1 kind. I can't imagine sorting through 70 to find a mac and cheese (which I like the best) LOL

Did they scan each one individually at the checkout?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
Thats fantastic. I've cleared out shelves before of things that were on sale so I say good for you.

I used to work at a supermarket and people would get cases of things on sale. Soup and whatnot. Next time though if possible you might want to look into taking whole cases if you like enough of 1 kind. I can't imagine sorting through 70 to find a mac and cheese (which I like the best) LOL

Did they scan each one individually at the checkout?
Yep, scanned each one! (but they are fast). And gave me my $10 off, too! The employees at that store are sooooo nice.

Next time - I will check to see if they would mind bringing up cases of my favorites from the back. Good idea. That is how I buy my wine there. By the case - and get a discount. They will even order me specific cases of wine and still give me the discount.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM

795 posts, read 3,912,325 times
Aww, Ani, you know what? I am always surprised (and yet not surprised) when I hear a story like this. How hard is it for someone to mind their own freakin' business, sister?

I am sure there is something else in the store that she could have been getting for herself while you were busy with the frozen foods. If not and she was in a real hurry, as Whytewulf said, I am sure she could politely have asked to grab a couple.

(Although just for the sake of discussion, why SHOULD you have to do this, stop and let someone else go? You wouldn't do this in a retail store if you found five or six shirts in your size that you liked and someone walked up to you and demanded that you share b/c there were none left, would you? Just saying.)

Some people just like to spread judgment and bitterness everywhere they go.

Having said that, you were a lot nicer in your response than I ever would have been.

(Also, just so you know, it would not have mattered if you HAD taken all of the dinners. The suppliers would have LOVED you. I have a very good friend who used to sell frozen foods to HT, and he would have wanted to kiss you if you had purchased a product of his in bulk like that!)

Have a good day, Ani!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 PM

307 posts, read 627,605 times
That is a hillarious story! Thanks for making me laugh.

Now you have me thinking about my food shopping strategy, basically I have none, but the way we go through wine and everything else around here I am thinking I should start loading up the way you do.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,818,955 times
LOL-Ani you're funny. I probably would have made a funny comment towards you and then asked if I could get in there to grab some before gone. 70 dinners??? Are you going to have a CD luncheon?? I'll bring the vodka.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,818,955 times
ok where is this special from HT? I'm on their website looking at the flyer and can't see it. Ani-enlighten me please..Maybe I'll buy all the ones from my HT and really **** off southern lady..HAHA

Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Hey, Barndog!!!

Have you ever noticed . . . people who are huffy like that - they always look constipated. You know what I mean? This strained look on their face. All puckered up and wrinkled and like they are sucking on a lemon!!!!

That is how she looked. She had her cart pretty full. I am sure she was doing a full round - weekly groceries. Yes, she could have moved on and come back.

I felt she just wanted to make a point.

As for clothing . . . I have a rule - When things are on a big mark-down, I grab up items I am not even sure of, put them in my cart and decide when I am finished shopping. Bad manners? Heck, no. Strategy. I try never to pay more than 50% of the retail price for anything. (well, sadly, cosmetics - the best you can do w/ that is get freebie gifts w/ a purchase, LOL!!!).

Seriously - saving money takes a strategy these days.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 PM

795 posts, read 3,912,325 times
Ani, wow! That was excellent! I totally needed that laugh!

And you are right, she DID want to make a point. Too bad her point had no justification behind it. Somebody needs to tell her she needs to think out her arguments a little better before she picks a fight!

Oh, you know what, speaking of buying in bulk and with coupons, I have a news story you'll love. Hmmm...can I link to it? Maybe I should dm you...

Old 07-09-2008, 02:19 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,698,581 times
After the first line of the story-if I had placed a bet on what part of the country did this lady come from-I would have lost a TON of money. So glad it didn't turn out my way.

On the subject of chipped beef. When I served in the Army--one nite I prayed to God---I said "God, I hate chipped beef so much that if you let me out of here, I promise that in the future anybody comes up to me in a supermarket and wants the chipped beef, I'll not only give it to them--I'll PAY for it"

LOL
je
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or