Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Awwwwww, Groove . . . the strategic planning is part of the fun. I do buy Michelina's sometimes but like Stouffer's better.

Saving $$ is a challenge I enjoy.
But they are only 9-10 ounces, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
LMAO at Frozen Food Hoarder. This story is classic! LOL.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Ani - ROFL! Beneath that genteel southern belle facade is a tobacco-spittin-chewin fire bomb! Yahoo! Just think, if she was heavy set, she probably needed those controlled portions more than you. So there! But I agree, if she wanted just a couple, she could have asked to get in there for a few. But I would have said to you something like..."I didn't know they sold those on eBay!" in jest! I may even have made a friend, who knows! Grocery shopping can turn into a contact sport I tell ya!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Personally, I would have struck a Kung Foo pose- said Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiya. Mind you, I dont know a lick of martial arts, but that woulda fixed her wagon!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Thanks for the update Ani.. So dinner at your place? I'd like the salsbury steak as well.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Thanks for the update Ani.. So dinner at your place? I'd like the salsbury steak as well.
Whytewulf - you come on over! You can have your choice of frozen delicacies from Mr. Stouffer's own kitchen, LOL!!

DH cut up the cantaloupe and I have had a big ole pot of green beans on all afternoon . . .

Gonna fix the iced tea in a minute. DO NOT TELL ANYONE: But I have to make one batch unsweetened. Oh, the sacrilege - tea sans sugar! DH is not from around here . . . but we love him, anyway.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Personally, I would have struck a Kung Foo pose- said Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiya. Mind you, I dont know a lick of martial arts, but that woulda fixed her wagon!
"Kung Foo Fighting," playing in the background!!!

Hoagie, next time . . . I will know how to handle things.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Ani - ROFL! Beneath that genteel southern belle facade is a tobacco-spittin-chewin fire bomb! Yahoo! Just think, if she was heavy set, she probably needed those controlled portions more than you. So there! But I agree, if she wanted just a couple, she could have asked to get in there for a few. But I would have said to you something like..."I didn't know they sold those on eBay!" in jest! I may even have made a friend, who knows! Grocery shopping can turn into a contact sport I tell ya!
They don't call me "Ani Get Yer Gun" for nuthin' Miss Bibit!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
...Have you ever noticed . . . people who are huffy like that - they always look constipated. You know what I mean? This strained look on their face. All puckered up and wrinkled and like they are sucking on a lemon!!!!...
OMG ANI...I nearly stopped breathing from laughing so hard with that one!! She was probably just hanging around to count how many you actually took so she could tell all her constipated friends about you!! You scored BIG TIME girl!!! As soon as I get a freezer in my garage, I'll be stocking up on stuff too. I see more icecream than frozen dinners in mine.

Reminds of of the "Can-Can Sales" at Shoprite back in NY. You had to get there before all the old Italian ladies to make sure you got your fair share of Tutto Rosso Tomato Puree & Crushed Tomatoes, LOL! HMMmmm...that reminds me, I only have about 12 cans of the puree left. Time for a road trip!!

BxRosie

Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Harris Teeter has a special on frozen dinners (individual size). Big sale. So I went to HT and filled up my cart. I had a coupon: $10 off the purchase of $140 or more grocery bill. The way I figured it, if I got 70 of the dinners at $2 each, that was my $140 . . . and I wanted to get a few of the $.99 cantaloupes, as well. So I had a plan.

Got there early . . . and while standing alone at the freezer, I loaded up my cart. A very huffy lady came over and made a face and said, sarcastically, "What are you - a Stouffer's sales person?" I said, "No. Are you?" (She had a Southern accent and I would have been more polite to a newcomer, but you know . . . Southern women just don't take guff from other Southern women).

I continued filling my cart, and she said "Excuse me, but it looks like you aren't leaving any for the rest of us."

Okay. I admit. Sometimes I have to work hard at censoring myself. One thing about being "older" is . . . I ain't trying to impress anyone these days.

So after deciding that I would, indeed, be POLITE . . . I said, "I am sure there are more in the back." Miss Huffy let out an impatient SIGH and I knew she was giving me a look, cause her stare was burning a hole through the back of my shirt, but I was counting . . . 56, 57, 58 . . .

Now mind you, there were four big freezer doors behind which there still were displayed PLENTY of these much coveted frozen dinners . . . and Miss Huffy had plenty of room to dig in to any of those doors and ravage whatever was there (I had only taken about half of each type of dinner). But NO . . . she stood there, trying to make a big point (I suppose!!!) about my being a Frozen Food Hoarder.

I finished up and she gave me a withering glance and said, "Well, I guess it is my turn . . .if there is anything LEFT."

"I am sure you can get a rain check if there isn't," I said . . . and rolled off.

What I wanted to say was . . . "Hey, look, lady. This is retail. It doesn't say LIMIT FIVE. This is WAR!! So, KISS MY GRITS!!!" But no, I rolled on down the aisle . . .

Was I rude? I don't think so. I didn't say what I was thinking . . .

Let me tell you . . . it's war out there.
ROLF Ani!!!

You can't imagne how many times I've played out that scenario, usually in Pathmark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte