Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 PM

7 posts, read 11,571 times

Advertisements

Hi

I just got back form a great week in Charlotte I drove up from Orlando last week, I had asked for some help about a month ago and just wanted to say thank you to all who answered my questions both on the post and those who answered my emails. I think charlotte is a great city I felt very safe even walking the city at night I was very supprised by all the great things that charlotte offers even though I had spent a lot of time on line I found so much more once I actualy got there. The NoDa did fall short of my expectations but it looks like it will be growing. All your comments and sugestions were very helpful I had a great stay and have a lot to think about. Hopefully i will get the chance to come back, have to start a lot of paper work now at work.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 08:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,632,233 times
Could you share with us your feeling on "Noda falling short?"

Old 07-11-2008, 09:51 PM

7 posts, read 11,571 times
Well there is not a lot of Varity. The biggest thing was the lack of people in any city that I have lived the arts district came alive once people got out of work. A lot of people I know are artists and work in the galleries after the rest of us get out of work. There did not seam to be any work spaces where you can see things taking place. Everything seamed to close at 5. There were 2 restaurants and again one was just a standard bar the other was empty. There was no sign that the city was involved in the area such as shows from different parts or business getting involved or schools participating. I guess I am used to the arts district being a place where you come to unwind after work. You get to see what is happening in all the art forms and mediums from dance, Music, Theater, Classes being offered and people just exploring other people’s ideas and offering fun for all ages and backgrounds. And I do not mean to bring the area down or to sound negative just as someone who spends a lot of time involved with the arts I was expecting a little more. But like I said I loved the city over all I did go to both mint museums and had a great time.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Glad your trip worked out!!! Let us know if we can help out w/ more info . . .

Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM

195 posts, read 535,876 times
Very glad you enjoyed your trip. I understand what yo mean about NoDa. It is a work in progress. Did you get a chance to check out Plaza-Midwood? There are some galleries there as well.
As far as "You get to see what is happening in all the art forms and mediums from dance, Music, Theater, Classes being offered and people just exploring other people’s ideas and offering fun for all ages and backgrounds."
You will find this spread out all over the city versus just in one area. Check out CharlotteCultureGuide.com: Art, Dance, Music, History and things to do in the Charlotte, North Carolina region! it's a great way to know what is going on in the arts around Charlotte.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:35 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,843,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemill View Post
Well there is not a lot of Varity. The biggest thing was the lack of people in any city that I have lived the arts district came alive once people got out of work. A lot of people I know are artists and work in the galleries after the rest of us get out of work. There did not seam to be any work spaces where you can see things taking place. Everything seamed to close at 5. There were 2 restaurants and again one was just a standard bar the other was empty. There was no sign that the city was involved in the area such as shows from different parts or business getting involved or schools participating. I guess I am used to the arts district being a place where you come to unwind after work. You get to see what is happening in all the art forms and mediums from dance, Music, Theater, Classes being offered and people just exploring other people’s ideas and offering fun for all ages and backgrounds. And I do not mean to bring the area down or to sound negative just as someone who spends a lot of time involved with the arts I was expecting a little more. But like I said I loved the city over all I did go to both mint museums and had a great time.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I agree 100 percent. My son lives in Florida and seemed interested in Noda. I researched the place physically and found that there really isn't much there. Besides, it isn't a place where one can walk to uptown safely and uptown is close. I suggested Southend, Dilworth, possibly Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth or more central locations. Noda is growing but not at a particularly fast pace. Hope it does. Nice to have cool areas in the metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte