U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,897,621 times

Advertisements

one big subdivision?
Or are there a number of communities in it?
(If so) Which ones are good ones to live in?
How come HC is so much less expensive than Birkdale,
and the homes are bigger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times
I consider it almost an area rather than a subdivision the way it laid out with different styles kinda like Ballentyne isnt a city and no longer just the golf area but more of community IMO.

If I had to choose between the two hands down to Highland Creek because as stated in another thread Birkdale is built out and it nice place to visit but for quiet family time and centrally located in good area of North Charlotte I would choose Highland Creek.
IMO you will get more home for your $$ in Highland Creek.
Birkdale is more expensive due to it proximity to the Lake and some how is sort of become the tourist stop for Huntersville. There is vast difference in crowd amount of crowd weekends at Birkdale verses weekday.
When I am choosing a location I do only want a home with character but an area that has it own peaceful character and that can be found in Highland Creek.
You should spend a day in both each and see which one appeals more to your daily lifestyle living.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:35 PM

would you like me to do a video and photos of both and see if that helps you out?
I can do it tomorrow and might take a little time to get Highland Creek as Im not familiar of all the cool spots,
and I have crossed some there but alot of streets have similar names so I forget what is on what in Highland Creek or how to get to such and such from such and such.
Thank god for GPS or I would never figure out how to get back home in Huntersville.
If you let me know particular streets to focus on I can do this.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-12-2008 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 PM

Oh wow, that would be so super nice of you. Only if it doesn't put you out to do that. Thank you so much.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Oh wow, that would be so super nice of you. Only if it doesn't put you out to do that. Thank you so much.
No problem Birkdale is just up the Holler and Highland Creek is in short distance since I found one of the backroads that connect it with Huntersville.
It only puts me out when I use my old driving philosophy that 3 right turns will put me back where I started and that isnt the case in Highland Creek.
You will just be deeper in a subdivision probably stuck in a cul de sac.

The time it takes me to upload will probably take longer than the time for me to do this so I cant promise it will be uploaded tomorrow but should be ready by Monday Morning. Sunday will be a good day since people will be home or out and about to give a small bit on people living there.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:14 PM

You're awesome and so nice. Thank you.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
You're awesome and so nice. Thank you.
Sunny is the best - can't wait to see this video myself

Oh, and AJ, you really can't go wrong in any of Highland Creek - it's all great.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM

You guys are awesome. If this is any indication of how nice ppl are in this area, I am very excited about relocating.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:53 AM

240 posts, read 934,062 times
l live in HC and I think it's a great neighborhood. I moved from Boynton Beach , Fl two years ago. Many of my neighbors are from Fl. It's a great place to live. People are very active and friendly. This is the first place that I can say I really met and know my neighbors. All of the kids play outside in my section. We have multiple pools, a swim team, football and cheerledading camp in the summer. You'll see everyone walking, riding bikes, playing golf etc. We have a new elementary school (2 yrs) and they are currently building a new middle school next to it.

Each neighborhood is different. Some sections have multiple homes that are close together, some are townhouses, some are villas. I live in a section with a small number of homes on 1/2 to 1/3 acre lots. When homes go on the market in my section, they usually go fast because of the lot size.

Also the access to concord mills and I- 85 is easy. There is a short cut in the back of the community that can put you in concord mills and the restaurants in about 5 minutes.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 22,099 times
Default Highland Creek is great

Just saw the questions about Highland creek, and I had to say it really is wonderful. It is so convienient and family friendly!! When our friends and family visit during the summer from out of town they always comment that it is like a resort. There is so much to do here in the neighborhood, and then just out of the neighborhood you are so close to the malls, and with in minutes of your choice of every grocery store or pharmacy you could ever want, not to mention the great selection of places to eat. Some of the homes do have small yards, but I know we were more than willing to sacrifice a large backyard, our kids love to play in the front yard and because of the way the neighborhoord are, with sidewalks on both sides of the streets, people are always out walking or sitting on their front porches while their kids play, or we take the kids to the park at the top of the street. It really has a great community feel!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte