U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 14,932 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to include my experience with this company as well. I'm sure you aren't going to purchase anyway but I just want as many people to know as possible the type of company Beazer Homes is...

I purchased a newly built town home in SW Charlotte Dec 05... Can I just say from start to finish it has been an utter nightmare dealing with them!!! I should have and wish I would have walked away from the deal but it was my first home and I was too excited (and had too much $ and time invested).

In Mortgage I dealt with about 4 different people since they couldn't keep anyone employed long enough (seems to be a Beazer trend, turnover in the co is sort of like a restaurant) and every time I talked to them it was a different story as to what I needed to close. Which ended up costing me in the end.

After making my selections at the design studio I got a call stating that they didn't have the flooring I had chosen and needed to come back in to select a different one... I asked if I could upgrade to hardwood, they said no b/c it was right after Katrina and it wasn't readily available. So, I asked about tile and was told and I quote "why don't you have your handy dandy daddy do that for you he's some big contractor isn't he?" This is the lack of respect you get from the entire company!! I mean who talks to a customer like that?!

Now to the home itself... There is no walk through unless you ask and even at that it doesn't amount to much (they don't fix anything). Needless to say I moved into a house that wasn't finished. Everything and I mean everything that could go wrong did!! All everyone at Beazer kept saying (which I think is their motto) is "oh that’s how my house too" or “it would take a lot to fix that” BULL**** and I don't care!!! I mean I had mice when I moved in and my AC unit wasn't even connected how does that pass inspection?! You can still see EVERY SEAM in my ceiling, light through my front door and my drywall was put up backward so that when I removed some painters tape it pealed the wall down to show the rough fiber of the drywall! I mean the list goes on and on...

The biggest thing that happened was when they sent someone out to repair the ceiling in my master bedroom. They sent a contractor (a Spanish male that didn't speak any English) his supervisor dropped him off and said he would be back to pick him up in about an hour. I left the man to do his work in my room while I was downstairs... 2 hours later his supervisor came back to get him and I went upstairs to get ready for work. When I was getting ready I noticed a pair of my underwear where out of place in my drawer... THE MAN HAD MASTERBATED IN MY UNDERWEAR WITH ME IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE PERSON FROM BEAZER EVER APOLOGIZED OR EVEN CONTACTED ME ABOUT IT!!! I filed a police report but since I didn't see him do it nothing could be done and I couldn't find a lawyer to file a civil case (if you know one please advise)... how is there not some type of law against this? So, keep in mind that these are the type of people Beazer deals with.

I would like to enjoy my first home but every time I look at it I want to cry out of frustration... or I see something else that is shoddy!!! Beazer Homes is the most DISRESPECTFUL, SHADY, DISHONEST Company I have ever dealt with and there is no wonder they can't sell the homes in my neighborhood and just about every other home that is less than one year old is for sale!!! JUST PLEASE LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO BUY A BEAZER HOME!!! Thanks for listening...

Ps I am constructing a site called "Buyers against Beazer (BAB)” I’ll post the url when it is done!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM

286 posts, read 862,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspence9 View Post
I just wanted to include my experience with this company as well. I'm sure you aren't going to purchase anyway but I just want as many people to know as possible the type of company Beazer Homes is...

I purchased a newly built town home in SW Charlotte Dec 05... Can I just say from start to finish it has been an utter nightmare dealing with them!!! I should have and wish I would have walked away from the deal but it was my first home and I was too excited (and had too much $ and time invested).

In Mortgage I dealt with about 4 different people since they couldn't keep anyone employed long enough (seems to be a Beazer trend, turnover in the co is sort of like a restaurant) and every time I talked to them it was a different story as to what I needed to close. Which ended up costing me in the end.

After making my selections at the design studio I got a call stating that they didn't have the flooring I had chosen and needed to come back in to select a different one... I asked if I could upgrade to hardwood, they said no b/c it was right after Katrina and it wasn't readily available. So, I asked about tile and was told and I quote "why don't you have your handy dandy daddy do that for you he's some big contractor isn't he?" This is the lack of respect you get from the entire company!! I mean who talks to a customer like that?!

Now to the home itself... There is no walk through unless you ask and even at that it doesn't amount to much (they don't fix anything). Needless to say I moved into a house that wasn't finished. Everything and I mean everything that could go wrong did!! All everyone at Beazer kept saying (which I think is their motto) is "oh that’s how my house too" or “it would take a lot to fix that” BULL**** and I don't care!!! I mean I had mice when I moved in and my AC unit wasn't even connected how does that pass inspection?! You can still see EVERY SEAM in my ceiling, light through my front door and my drywall was put up backward so that when I removed some painters tape it pealed the wall down to show the rough fiber of the drywall! I mean the list goes on and on...

The biggest thing that happened was when they sent someone out to repair the ceiling in my master bedroom. They sent a contractor (a Spanish male that didn't speak any English) his supervisor dropped him off and said he would be back to pick him up in about an hour. I left the man to do his work in my room while I was downstairs... 2 hours later his supervisor came back to get him and I went upstairs to get ready for work. When I was getting ready I noticed a pair of my underwear where out of place in my drawer... THE MAN HAD MASTERBATED IN MY UNDERWEAR WITH ME IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE PERSON FROM BEAZER EVER APOLOGIZED OR EVEN CONTACTED ME ABOUT IT!!! I filed a police report but since I didn't see him do it nothing could be done and I couldn't find a lawyer to file a civil case (if you know one please advise)... how is there not some type of law against this? So, keep in mind that these are the type of people Beazer deals with.

I would like to enjoy my first home but every time I look at it I want to cry out of frustration... or I see something else that is shoddy!!! Beazer Homes is the most DISRESPECTFUL, SHADY, DISHONEST Company I have ever dealt with and there is no wonder they can't sell the homes in my neighborhood and just about every other home that is less than one year old is for sale!!! JUST PLEASE LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO BUY A BEAZER HOME!!! Thanks for listening...

Ps I am constructing a site called "Buyers against Beazer (BAB)” I’ll post the url when it is done!
WOW____ i dont even know what to say- this just dosnt seem fair.........
you have been violated in every respect.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM

414 posts, read 1,269,683 times
Did you have a home inspector checking out your home every week?

You shouldn't have signed the papers until everything you wanted fixed was. I know when my house is done if it is not to my liking im walking away.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 PM

27 posts, read 75,019 times
Default Beazer's Terrible

Beazer ranked one of the very lowest as far as customer satisfaction on that list (can't remember what it's called) of home builders in the Charlotte area. So sorry for everything you've been through. What happened to you with your ceiling being repaired is disgusting and so wrong and unacceptable. I wish you peace of mind and happiness going forth.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:23 AM

905 posts, read 3,063,913 times
This was in todays Charlotte Observer, sounds like Beazer stinks!

This is about one of their neighborhoods experiencing high foreclosure rates.

"But an Observer investigation found Beazer acted in ways that made a high rate of foreclosures inevitable. Beazer not only built the homes in Southern Chase, it arranged mortgage loans for two-thirds of the buyers. The company used that control to arrange larger loans than some buyers could afford. That allowed it to include the cost of financial incentives in the price of homes.

Some of Beazer's actions violated federal lending rules, the Observer found."

Link to article:

http://www.charlotte.com/523/story/55062.html (broken link)

Old 03-18-2007, 08:48 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,688,142 times
You obviously didn't have a Buyer's Agent. If someone spoke to my client that disrespectfully I would demand an apology.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:01 AM

Sounds like you need closure if not retribution. I've got some links for you but can't post them or I'll get my hand slapped. PM me for the website of the North Carolina Labor Licensing Board for General Contractors where you can file a complaint against Beazer. I have a site for reporting companies suspected of hiring illegal aliens and for the Better Business Bureau.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 AM

82 posts, read 296,555 times
My solution was buying a home built in 1958.

;-)

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,058,029 times
I read the article in today's Observer and think that Beazer will suffer severe consequences because of it. The article puts them in a horrible position to do business in the future. As long as the "sheeple" in this and every other area do their research and don't patronize this crappy company they should be out of business in a few years.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clt_gator View Post
My solution was buying a home built in 1958.

;-)
Honestly, I wish more people could see the value in older homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte