Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:46 PM

65 posts, read 214,885 times

Advertisements

Well me and a buddy of mine went to our first Knights Game last night and they got to be kidding me on the drink/food prices? Beer's 5.00 and up, burgers almost 6.00 and etc, etc, etc. Guess I was figuring on minor league=minor prices, guess I was wrong, but we still had fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EX LI'r View Post
Well me and a buddy of mine went to our first Knights Game last night and they got to be kidding me on the drink/food prices? Beer's 5.00 and up, burgers almost 6.00 and etc, etc, etc. Guess I was figuring on minor league=minor prices, guess I was wrong, but we still had fun!
A large beer is 6.00, small beer is 5.00, bottled beer is 5.50, small soda 2.50, regular soda 3.00, souvenir soda 3.50, bottled water3.00Hot dog 3.00, foot long hot dog 4.00, brats 4.00. hamburger/cheeseburger 5.00, french fries 3.00, chicken & fries 6.00, Sonny's BBQ sandwich 4.50, etc...

Wednesday's are Dollar Dog Days (hot dogs 1.00) & Thirsty Thursdays have "select" canned beer for 2.00 & sodas 1.00.

All of the concession stands are run by non-profit volunteers that are raising money for their school bands & teams, athletic associations, churches, etc... They earn a % of whatever they sell at a game. They are a very hard working bunch of people that appreciate your support.

Come on down & enjoy a game! It's alot of fun & alot cheaper than going to a game at Yankee Stadium (used to work there) or Shea Stadium. Talk about crazy prices !!

BxRosie

Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
When is the last time you got a hamburger anywhere (other than McDonalds) for less than $5?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:33 AM

14 posts, read 37,997 times
I'm surprised you were shocked on the price of food/drink there. You can get into the game for $7, you pay only $3 to park and they rarely ever get close to a sell out. Exactly how is the team supposed to make any money to keep the team here in Charlotte? Personally my family attends 8-10 games each season and consider it a very good bargain entertainment option.

Couple tips- Thirsty Thursdays are always a good day to go. Beers are $2 each and sodas are $1. Also they have a tailgate lot at the ballpark. We have tailgated with friends before the game, bringing a grill, food, etc and enjoyed that before hand...which allowed us to buy less food during the game.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:47 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
When is the last time you got a hamburger anywhere (other than McDonalds) for less than $5?
Jr bacon cheeseburger at Jack in the box for $1.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EX LI'r View Post
The best deal on the beer is the $6 24 ounce draft from CANS (the trailer around 110). Minor league concessions are still high, a beer at a Checkers game costs $7, Cricket Arena was a little cheaper but still expensive (though you could get a bottle of Labatt's for $3). Dunn Tire park in Buffalo where the AAA Bisons play is similar.

Parking at Knights stadium used to be free, then it was $2, then $3 and it's $5 for special events (York County keeps half the parking fees to help pay for the sherriffs directing traffic). Personally, I hope they move dowtown soon so I can not worry about parking. It took me almost 2 hours to get to my house ten minutes away. I have been home from Checkers games in 45 minutes (train from arena to 485/South Blvd in 25 minutes, 10-15 minutes from there to my house in Fort Mill).

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 AM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
They can make more money by lowering concession prices and thus encouraging
higher attendance. I would take my kids more if they could get a hot dog and a drink for under 15 bucks combined.

The prices are outrageous for minor league sports both at the knights games and the checkers games.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM

The Checkers at least have the family 4 pack deals on about 12 games per season...4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas for $49 plus a discount coupon to the NC Zoo...a night out for four at $50 isn't too bad.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM

228 posts, read 910,506 times
I can only speak for the Reading Phillies and Lakewood Blue Claws Minor League teams..but their prices are actually more than that. I get what you're saying though- it's annoying to pay the inflated prices. I think I've come to just expect it when attending sporting events of any kind. Last time I was at an event (not a game) at Bobcats Stadium...7 a beer. I knew it was going to be expensive but 7? I can by a six pack for that! Sigh. The price you pay for entertainment and beverages!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:35 PM

I have figured out a couple of things for events at the arena. The Checkers have $3 12 ounce beers for Thursday games. LaVecchia's has $1.95 bar menu for two hours prior to all Checkers and Bobcats games. Brixx has a couple different drink specials every day. So, we try to eat and drink a little before the game to save some money. $7 is ridiculous. I think the imports are closer to $8. You can get a 16 ounce bud plastic bottle from one of the carts for $5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte