U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,763,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek74 View Post
Action Pest is very good, I use them for weekly service at the apartment community that I run. Are you sure that you saw a cockroach? Usually they come in numbers greater than one. I know that I thought I had one in my brand new house, but it was a Palmetto bug - which I learned is much different. It's scary and nasty, but nowhere near as pesky as cockroaches.
Palmetto bug IS a cockroach...no different except larger, and live in the south. American Cockroach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 05:22 PM

285 posts, read 969,538 times
Hubby sprays house with a homeguard pesticide from Lowe's quarterly and we don't have an issue. Ant traps with the liquid inside of them (they are half circles) work awesome and doesn't smell. I have those in my pantry.

Lastly, I had sugar ants once and used these little papers that you drip some of the solution on. Sugar ants are super tiny and very slow moving, the regular spray/ ant traps don't work.

With three animals and two kids running in and out all day, I am surprised at how well it is working!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM

529 posts, read 1,801,205 times
I have used Union Exterminating since I built my house in 01 and they have been to my parents house since I was a kid. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. Mike (our guy) has known me since I was in middle school and he is almost like family. They do Charlotte and they are amazing. Mike is the best!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcharlottan View Post
Hubby sprays house with a homeguard pesticide from Lowe's quarterly and we don't have an issue. Ant traps with the liquid inside of them (they are half circles) work awesome and doesn't smell. I have those in my pantry.

Lastly, I had sugar ants once and used these little papers that you drip some of the solution on. Sugar ants are super tiny and very slow moving, the regular spray/ ant traps don't work.

With three animals and two kids running in and out all day, I am surprised at how well it is working!
That liquid for the sugar ants is Terro and it's amazing.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:29 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,103,299 times
Economy Exterminators are very knowledgeable and fast. I am very happy with them.

PS: Be careful with the whole ant issue as they can infultrate your HVAC (outside)and short out parts. Have had a HUGE issue with this (to the tune of $500.00 in a week for a 3 year old system) and when I called the Economy people, the gentleman that came out was so very helpful and nice. Never knew that this could be a problem and was never told nor disclosed that it was a possibility until it started costing me a bundle and I started yelling, "WHY???" I would recommend getting an exterminator if for no other reason, to protect your electrical systems. The ants that "like" them are called Argentine ants and look like those sugar ants. They LOVE electrical things and are tenacious. Few over-the-counter poisions eridacate them.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Economy Exterminators are very knowledgeable and fast. I am very happy with them.

PS: Be careful with the whole ant issue as they can infultrate your HVAC (outside)and short out parts. Have had a HUGE issue with this (to the tune of $500.00 in a week for a 3 year old system) and when I called the Economy people, the gentleman that came out was so very helpful and nice. Never knew that this could be a problem and was never told nor disclosed that it was a possibility until it started costing me a bundle and I started yelling, "WHY???" I would recommend getting an exterminator if for no other reason, to protect your electrical systems. The ants that "like" them are called Argentine ants and look like those sugar ants. They LOVE electrical things and are tenacious. Few over-the-counter poisions eridacate them.
One of my best friends just started working for economy about a month ago and says they are good to work for and honest.
Argentine ants are difficult to control. There is some info on Ant Problem? Terro = Ant Control Solutions and would to do to prevent them.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM

11,024 posts, read 8,443,479 times
Bring up with old thread.

Can anyone recommend a local exterminator in Charlotte. I just moved and I've seen a couple of cockroaches in my kitchen. I'd like to find an exterminator that will move the refrigerator and stove to see if the bugs are getting in via any cracks or crevices back there.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM

1,515 posts, read 995,848 times
Jeff Johnston Pest Control. 704-398-4999

Best around!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:33 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
Jeff Johnston Pest Control
(704) 865-9098

Old 09-19-2013, 07:34 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
Too funny I was beaten too it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte