Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM

797 posts, read 3,283,004 times

Advertisements

I've recently come across some ants, a horrid cockroach and I think there is a mouse or something in the attic. Our house is only 7 years old. Anyone know of a good exterminator especially with pets/kids in the house and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:08 AM

371 posts, read 1,096,590 times
what part of town are you in?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 AM

797 posts, read 3,283,004 times
South Charlotte-Ballantyne area

Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM

371 posts, read 1,096,590 times
Not sure if they service that area, but we use Mantis Pest Control and have no complaints. Our good friends use Killingsworth....and they also used to be a client at my former job. No complaints there either.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 AM

27 posts, read 78,387 times
We live in the same area and had ants and bees. Action Exterminating came out on Monday and sprayed inside and out and then exterminated the bees in the back yard. The total was $135.

We have kids and pets as well but all appear to be fine.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,354,977 times
I use Hometeam Pest...$78 quarterly & $156 yearly for termite protection. If I see anything between treatments, all I do is call & they come out & take care of it at no additional charge.

BxRosie

Old 07-16-2008, 08:10 PM

201 posts, read 801,444 times
Action Pest is very good, I use them for weekly service at the apartment community that I run. Are you sure that you saw a cockroach? Usually they come in numbers greater than one. I know that I thought I had one in my brand new house, but it was a Palmetto bug - which I learned is much different. It's scary and nasty, but nowhere near as pesky as cockroaches.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:22 PM

264 posts, read 914,360 times
I like Providence Pest -- they are a local S. Charlotte/Matthews company.

Welcome to Providence Pest, your solution to pest control services! We take credit cards now!

BTW Geek 74, "Palmetto Bug" is a local euphemism for the American Cockroach! They are everywhere here; doesn't matter if your home is old or new or what your housekeeping habits are. They are AKA "Water Bugs."

Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM

34 posts, read 86,295 times
We live in South Charlotte/Waxhaw and used Bug Out Pest Control and had a great experience as their customer service was awesome and they definitely went above and beyond expectations. We have a 7mo old and a little dog, and they made sure to walk us through everything they were doing to reassure us and answer any and all questions we had. They did the exterior and both floors of the interior, and they even did under the deck and in the mulch around our play area in the backyard to get rid of those pesky ants that like to hang out in the wood chips. We called on Monday to set up an appt and they came out this morning (Tues) right on time. Best thing is, they don't lock you into an annual or quarterly contract, so you only call when you need service or want a yearly update to your treatment. Great experience all the way around. Feel free to send a PM if you have any specific questions!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,365,015 times
I have had all the same problems recently. You don't need an exterminator. Get a mice cube for the mouse (reusable live humane trap and it works) $4 at Walmart. Get some terro for the ants, $4 as well at Lowes. Ant Problem? Terro = Ant Control Solutions

Get some Spectricide insecticide spray and spray the perimeter of your house as well as inside (also is effective termite treatment). $6.50 at Walmart (you will see dead bugs within 1 day and lasts up to 9 months). Total cost for all of this is less than $20 and the only thing that takes an hour or two is spraying (you have to remove animals if spraying indoors, but just doing the outside will help tremendously). I have used all three of these recently. Caught the mouse and let him go by the fishing pond; ants are almost gone and the only roaches I have seen are dead ones. And if you have a mouse in the attic there will be mouse droppings. If not, you could have something worse, such as bats.

Last edited by groove1; 07-22-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte