Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM

302 posts, read 961,679 times

Advertisements

Where is this lake, are you guys messing with me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 03:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDtech123 View Post
More like they are messing with each other The lake folks like to tease the Ballantyne folks that they may have it nice and all but they STILL don't have a lake down in Ballantyne. That really is about the only thing you don't find in Ballantyne!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
More like they are messing with each other The lake folks like to tease the Ballantyne folks that they may have it nice and all but they STILL don't have a lake down in Ballantyne. That really is about the only thing you don't find in Ballantyne!
They could always flood that Albatross of a movie theater on Rea Rd. Wouldn't be much of a lake, but at least it would be more enjoyable.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Forgive me, MD. Just couldn't help myself.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:04 AM

Comedy is good, i'm looking forward to coming down lake or not.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Comedy is good, i'm looking forward to coming down lake or not.
I think you will find a great spot for yourself here . . . be it Ballantyne or somewhere else. The neat thing is - close proximity to lakes and lots of outdoors activities - all over the region!

As for jobs - how much experience do you have w/ interfacing on strategic planning and/or feasibility studies (financial component)? I would suggest you check w/ the Planning Depts at both hospitals here if you have experience w/ that type of financial data. Any experience w/ managed care? Would suggest hooking up w/ a headhunter to find a job w/ a large insurance co that may have regional offices in this area.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM

307 posts, read 715,470 times
Default Hey you sound a lot like me

When I started thinking about relocation (From northern va) I was looking at Raleigh and CLT. One drive through Raleigh put an end to that, it just did not seem like a real city to me.

I knew I wanted a lake and pretty much had my heart set on LKN without ever visiting, my first visit was the middle of winter too and I still loved it as soon as I got here and knew it was where I wanted to be.

To be fair I drove around South Charlotte to make sure I wasn't missing anything, lake wylie and tega cay are beautiful but it didn't seem like there was as much "stuff" there and I wanted that coming from nova, ballantyne does not have a lake so that ruled it out for me and I knew I still wanted to be by LKN.

I think from reading what you are looking for it will be the area for you too but come on down and drive around to comfirm.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
When I started thinking about relocation (From northern va) I was looking at Raleigh and CLT. One drive through Raleigh put an end to that, it just did not seem like a real city to me.

I knew I wanted a lake and pretty much had my heart set on LKN without ever visiting, my first visit was the middle of winter too and I still loved it as soon as I got here and knew it was where I wanted to be.

To be fair I drove around South Charlotte to make sure I wasn't missing anything, lake wylie and tega cay are beautiful but it didn't seem like there was as much "stuff" there and I wanted that coming from nova, ballantyne does not have a lake so that ruled it out for me and I knew I still wanted to be by LKN.

I think from reading what you are looking for it will be the area for you too but come on down and drive around to comfirm.
That's what ruled out Raleigh for us too.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 AM

I absolutely agree. I havent seen either in person, but from what ive heard both from you guys and raliegh forum ppl, LKN seems ideal to me, I love lakes,boating fishing and bar-b-ques, i need a place to relax and actually have a life outside of work, and like i said I am 25 so i need to be able to fulfill my adventurous tendencies on occasion. I like the way raleigh sounds lifestyle wise but I dont think my neighbors will have too much in common with us. Were young and energetic with no kids so i'd like the option to relax on the boat by day and maybe hit a restaurant downtown at night. Also being in close proximity to shopping is important to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte